The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Dalmatians killed Cruella’s mom.
I wish I were joking.

Of course.  
Why else would they be that way?  
|| Every bad guy has a tragic backstory of some kind which is why they are bad it’s never because they are just a bad person. ||
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
See, Maleficent worked ok because the fantastical setting and the fact that evil sorcerers are just naturally interesting. There was more room to give that character an interesting backstory.

Cruella is just an evil industrialist and bog standard human. “Shuned witch turning evil and plaguing a royal family line” has more milage than “fashion designer who wants to murder puppies” both in terms of potential redemption arcs and general capacity to be interesting.

Because wizards are cool.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@WyrmSpawN  
It’s like literally a joke from MST3K/RiffTrax.  
I’m going say Devilfish where they were doing the gags about electricians “Sorry about that crack about electricians. Electricians massacred my entire village.” Or something like that.  
That’s what this is basically.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I wish that more Kingdom Hearts games included common enemies that are natural inhabitants of the worlds you visit outside of boss battles.

KH2 had Undead Pirates alongside the Heartless and BBS included Maleficent’s Little Creature Goons who existed in the world to fight outside of scripted events.

Most KH games forget that Disney villains usually have their own armies or at least gang of lackey’s to start with, it’s not like they lacked the manpower to carry out their deeds before getting access to hordes of shadow monsters.

For example just look at how Captain Hook’s Crew and Shan Yu’s Military were totally absent, like how were these guys making any progress in their worlds before the Heartless showed up?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@CaptainXtra  
i think it’s becuase either Square Enix or Disney is not comfortable with the thought of Sora actually killing a real person.

ike with the pirates you can make the excuse of “they are already undead and can’t actual die until the last coin is returned to the chest” and with Maleficent thse are just magic creatures she made up.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

KH forgets the FF part of the series being a FF/Disney crossover.

And while it didn’t forget the Disney half per se, as it went on they were definitely relegated to a backdrop as Nomura’s OCs randomly spout the words “Darkness”, “Friendship”, “Heart” et al in vaguely coherent sentences.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@CaptainXtra
i think it’s becuase either Square Enix or Disney is not comfortable with the thought of Sora actually killing a real person.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy were all present during this scene:

full

They didn’t do anything to prevent these deaths and just rolled with it.

If Square and Disney were actually concerned:

1. Have The Trio get transported somewhere else so that they wouldn’t witness this scene.

2. The Trio tries to convince Elizabeth and the others to spare Lord Beckett and his crew.

3. At least have them react with total shock at the deaths of normal human beings and maybe even get angry at Jack and Co. for doing that.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

My headcanon is the Oneyplays version of KHs Goofy, where he’s a murderous sociopath.

So not only did Goofy just roll with those deaths, he loved every minute of it.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Dog stops time  
no god is safe

NO GOD EXISTS

(I will give a fake cookie to however tracks down the source of this wacky statement.)
Background Pony #34FA
You know what’s the worst? Having an idea for a set of characters and a setting, but having trouble coming up with an actual plot.
Background Pony #34FA
I’m primarily a fantasy reader but I’d like to get more into the horror genre sometime. I’ve already got Pet Semetary by Stephen King lined up on my “to-read” list but I would like to see if anyone here also has some recommendations for horror books. Dan Simmons’ horror stuff looks interesting. (Simmons is mostly known for the sci-fi novel series the Hyperion Cantos)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide