The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@TheHappySpaceman  
Yeah I would like to see for instance an Adult Swim adventure drama that gasp takes itself seriously without satire. Almost like Berserk or Avatar the Last Airbender with great action scenes but touching drama as well.

Why do Adult Swim shows always have to be satirical? Can’t they take themselves seriously or do they think adults think it’s cooler to be a nihilistic hipster? Do they think their viewers are beyond emotions?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

Bojack is closer in tone to Aggretsuko than to Rick and Morty.

It’s basically a show about existential crisis, clinical depression, and the soul crushing reality that even the happiest looking people have deep seated flaws.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
On the subject of adult animation, one cannot forget the older classics of stuff like Heavy Metal and Fritz the Cat.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
When are we going to get the adult cartoon equivalent of Avatar? Given that that’s my gold standard for TV animation, I’m wondering what the adult toon version of that is. (Maybe I’ll make it, IDK.)

@Zincy  
Ralph Bakshi’s work in general was so much better than most of the adult toons of today. It was actually varied and wasn’t all stuff like Fritz the Cat; some of it was fantasy material, and still others were historical musicals (American Pop).
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Ah, I love the OG HALO Trilogy:

full

From what I know, not even Spartans can casually carry a Rocket Launcher with just one hand but this dude just chills out with it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Berserk actually touches the line of parody and satire very often.  
It’s kind of self aware at times, especially using its comic relief character whose job is basically just reminding us readers that we’re reading a manga.

It’s just that the serious drama and action is so good, you forgot it’s sometimes kinda silly, that even its own characters admit it’s silly.

Btw. Our boy GUTS (reminder he’s still a 22yo lad despite him looking like he should be in his mid to late thirties) is also a nihilistic bastard. IMO he’s closer to an absurdist hero, really.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
Here’s an animated Zombie movie.  
It’s got humor,but fir the most part it’s a straight forward zombie flick.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Chris Redfield vs Glenn Arias in RE: Vendetta is simultaneously super slick and exciting but also facepalm-inducing. This is coming from a guy who enjoys Kung Fu bullshittery in movies. Chris has got AT LEAST 30 lbs on Arias and his Jujutsu is top tier so how the hell is he getting ragdolled by Arias?

Look at the worst offender. At exactly 2:00 (the two minutes mark) Chris went for a single leg after a beautiful switch. Arias didn’t even sprawl. He just kneed Chris in the face with his free leg and broke away. THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR ME. It looks cool and plausible if both guys are of the same weight, but when Chris has 30 lbs on Arias? this looks suspect.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Lemme brek it down why I think it sus. Chris way bigger than Arias. Arias didn’t sprawl and he’s just holding Chris down with his hands. Again, Arias way smaller this is bullshit. Arias kneed. Okay please try kneeing someone who’s attempting a proper single leg on you. You will fall the moment you try that shit. If Arias had for example countered with a guillotine I’d be okay with it.

Even if that knee hit him, Chris is way bigger and I don’t think he’d let go. He could eat that knee and drive Arias down, that’s a good trade because then Chris would have the better position. The subsequent exchange I’m okay. Chris did a hip throw and put Arias down, mounted him and immediately ground and pound but over committed, so Arias countered and got Chris on his back, and ground and pound. OKAY, fine. Still sus but I can deal, because it looks cool.

But yeah these fight scene seems to play by WWE rules or something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide