The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Red Dead Online had a KKK hacker problem so bad that Rockstar had to step in.

Apparently the hackers took forms with the outfit or spawned in countless KKK members to attack other players.

Someone was certainly pissy.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think my family were like monster hunters or some shit lol.

I rediscovered our ancestral Coat of Arms last night. Shit looks straight up Witch-hunter/Inquisitor kind of shit.

Imma go shank a vampire.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@DarkObsidian

I don’t want to give too much info, since it bears half my surname, but I can mention some bits.

It has a bloody red hand in the center, holding a silver dagger, surrounded by red crescent moons.

That’s some straight up monster hunting shit as far as my head canon is concerned lol.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Zincy

Hm… The problem with heraldry are less the symbols and the colours, but the arrangement and design. But of course I understand that the family name is private. A red hand is usually an indicator of a baronate. Perhaps the origin of your family branch.

The silver dagger is indeed rather unusual for a coat of arms. It could indicate a possible officer’s license, but is rather unlikely. It could also have been added at the request of the founder of the coat of arms. Without knowledge about the exact image of the dagger, no clear statement can be made here. Crescent moons usually stand for a veneration of Mary, the mother of Jesus.

But before I give a wrong interpretation, I cannot conclude any noble origin without exact knowledge of the coat of arms. It could also be a so-called citizens’ coat of arms (Bürgerwappen). These became more and more popular in the course of the emancipation of the (wealthy) bourgeoisie. Citizen coats of arms were first used in the 14th century. They had their prime in 15th century and were still in the 16th and 17th century generally widespread.

Sorry, but I can’t help you with more information so far. :-)
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@DarkObsidian

This one is Irish. We found a very, very old parchment at my grandmother’s house, it’s a nearly century old tracing of our lineage, going back hundreds of years. Back so far to the original Gaelic variation of my mother’s family name.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Zincy

Hehehe. Well, it should come as no great surprise that my knowledge of Irish heraldry is of course somewhat limited. But I thank you for sharing this information with me and you can certainly be very proud of your origin. But without appropriate Irish & Gaelic literature on the meaning of the dagger, I will probably never know what it might mean. Nevertheless, I am glad that we could talk about it. ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide