The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Uggh.  
Fans ruining someone else’s experience of a show is really one of my pet peeves.  
…  
Kinda surprised you’re still around in the derpi-scene tho. I’d have assumed TDP lads are much tamer and nicer than Bronies.

But let’s not go there. Am just glad yous still around.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@TheHappySpaceman  
First off,im sorry that you got doxxed, the person(s) that done that to you are assholes and it shouldn’t have happened, but i still think that people are looking too deep into this thing about animated women apparently not allowed to have curves, or that this generation is getting more prudish (Which i disagree with)

My comment wasn’t made as an attack on you btw, i was just trying to give my opinion on this since i’ve seen people here talk about this before and thought i should give my thoughts on it
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@icey wicey 1517  
I dunno, it’s hard for me not to feel that way when people freak out over mere swimsuits, and such nowadays frankly. Maybe it’s not so bad with some shows/games/comics, but as I said it feels like an emerging trend, rather then a blatant one.

@tehwatever  
Even the worst bronies I’ve encountered are nowhere near as bad as some other bad fans in fandoms I’ve heard about.

@TheHappySpaceman  
@TheHappySpaceman  
@TheHappySpaceman  
Good Lord, that’s all kinda jacked up… Doxing you over a tame pic like that? Seriously, they’re more dressed then people on the beach nowadays are. People are getting insane.

They would have a heart attack over all the bikini (or worse) pics here on Derpibooru.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
You know, I just wonder how the whole Goanimate toxicness started.

Who had the idea of, “HEY LETS MAKE VIDEOS OUT OF FICTIONAL CHARACTERS WE HATE GETTING BRUTALLY ASSAULTED AND SEVRELY PUNISHED BECAUSE LOL”, in the first place?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dex Stewart  
Ironically, I find that more tame then half of everything on the site.

@CaptainXtra  
It’s been going on before GoAnimate actually. I remember when 13 year olds on DeviantArt would always post tons of hate/kill pics of their OC killing or brutalizing their least liked Sonic character. (Usually female ones like Sally or Amy.)
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky  
brutalizing female characters  
Wow. Idk if it’s repressed sexual urges or some kinda misogyny.

After all, “women, in a nature setting are like, to be conquered.”–Ethan Klein H3H3

Or if the artist was female, maybe some kinda primal sense of competition.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@tehwatever  
That’s the thing: I’ve never really been much of a brony. I enjoyed the first few seasons, but I fell off the show and only joined the site because a friend was here and because I wanted to ask for help for a video. So it hasn’t really been ruined for me, LOL.

@Beau Skunky  
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, for real. Like, I’m a Mötley Crüe fan, and their average music videos show more skin than that. I mean FFS, I didn’t even give Callum nipples! That’s how un-sexualized it is.

@icey wicey 1517  
It’s okay. I do feel like this generation is getting more prudish, but I’ve probably been around different circles than you.

@Dex Stewart  
It’s… confusing.

It’s puritanical to think that any form of vulgar display is bad, but the thing is that they’re trying to draw lines in weird places. Like, exploring one’s sexuality is fine, but only sometimes. The biggest song on the chart is “WAP,” yet artists will still get blasted for drawing NSFW art like how the creator of Steven Universe came under fire from fans of that show.

In some circles, it’s even considered bad to draw SFW art in a style that could transfer well to NSFW art. Like this:  
full  
full  
“Oh no, this person know how to draw anatomy and makes art with a good style! It clearly means that they’re an NSFW artist, which is somehow bad for some reason!”

Like FFS, drawing NSFW art isn’t even bad. It’s great for learning to be a better artist, and you can make tons of money from it.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@tehwatever  
What’s the case when the genders flip?

I’ve known some female deviant art users who make hate art out of fictional male characters they dislike.

Is it a case of “SMASHING THE PATRIARCHY” or what?
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
i believe he was also supposed to do a stop motion film in the Early 2010s.  
In fact i remember watching the 2019 film and thinking that the art style wanted to be stop motion
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I suppose there’s a beyond HTML that Alvin Hung axed all the non-business themes for Goanimate.

He wanted to get rid of the fucking whiny kids making grounded videos which utterly ruined his brand image.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Spider-Gwen: Wearing a full mask isn’t enough you gotta put a hood on it too.

That is some dedication to modesty right there. I approve
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide