The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What fictional universe would it suck big time to live in?

And my own two cents on my post:  
The Goanimate universe seems pretty shitty to reside in as you can be grounded/arrested or even executed for the smallest of offenses or totally harmless shit as the logic of that place makes no sense.

Example:  
“OOOOOOOOOOH, HOW DARE YOU MAKE A FAKE VHS OPENING, THAT’S IT! TODAY IS EXECUTION DAY!”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I got another one. Another fictional world that’d suck to live in, I feel would be Equestria.

…Now I know that’ll shock most bronies, but when you think about it living in Equestria whether as yourself, as a pony, or a different species would kinda suck.

Equestria is not the adorable utopia kingdom that many misanthropic bronies romanticize it as, and convinced themselves is better then IRL. Throughout the show, we’ve seen plants that can magically curse you, or worse. (Like Poison Joke, or that other one that turns you into a tree.) Many different Kaiju eldritch abomination monsters that eat/kill ponies, and ancient villains that cause all kinds of bad stuff. (All it took was 3 villains to turn ponies against each other, so some pony racism still exists too, and throughout the show, being “herd” creatures, ponies are very very gullible…)  
Dangerous places like volcanic firey swamps also exist.  
Not to mention, even ponies themselves aren’t all nice, look at “Putting Your Hoof Down,” where many ponies were rude or trying to overcharge Fluttershy, just because of her innocence. And crooks like the Flim Flam Brothers still roam free, with little reprocussions for their actions.

Plus technology is very limited, and I’m sure most bronies would miss their computers, phones, and games if they were to actually get transported there, whether they admit it, or not.

I love the show, but honestly I wouldn’t wanna live in it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky  
Eh. gimme six months and I’ll not miss the gadgets all that much. Not joking. Bsides, they’ve got just enough tech to not make me live in the stone age.  
Equestria ain’t some nice utopian heaven, that much is clear. Who the hell even thinks that, anyway.

BUT, it sure seems a lot less bullshitty than what we’ve got currently. Even if not errbody nice, nobody is starving to death nor live in such poverty that they’re going in a downward spiral. I assume due to the Cutie Mark system in place, ppl seem to always find their calling and a jump start to a career.

For 3rd world lads like me, Equestria seems just about manageable.

ALSO I personally would RISK living in Equestria and travelling to goddamn Somnambula Village and live in that dump if it means I get to see the HIJAB PONY, Luna-willing.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Equestria ain’t some nice utopian heaven, that much is clear. Who the hell even thinks that, anyway.

You’d be surprised, every brony fan-circle, I’ve been to including this place I see bronies constantly going off about how they’d rather live there, or pretend it’s perfect/peaceful there always, disregarding all the bad stuff.

nobody is starving to death nor live in such poverty that they’re going in a downward spiral.

I disagree, because there have been hints that poor ponies, crime, and such do exist, (we even briefly see a funeral in one episode) they just don’t touch on it much, being a younger kid/family show.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky  
I never implied nobody DYING in Equestria. A funeral doesn’t imply that the deceased died from poverty or hunger. It just meant their life has expired.  
Criminals do exist. Equestria has a standing army and law enforcement. THAT implies that your usual rabble-rousers and other dangerous elements roam the place. OK. that’s fine. I’m from 3rd world I’m not fazed by that.  
BUT,  
if you’ve got, A monarch who has ruled for 1k+ years and haven’t perhaps had to mass exile or mass behead a a group of political opposition, if you haven’t had to deal with one death per day (by statistic), then by comparison it’s a goddamnn good deal, innit?

Not perfect but the current Equestria’s a smidge better than what I currently got, that’s for sure. I’ll risk the occasional supervillains, deadly magical monsters and the weekly disasters caused by local heroes. I defo have different problems if I was to live in Equestria, but I reckon it’d be a better problem than what most of us are facing noe.

I’ve lived for weeks in places where the tech is LESS than what Ponyville’s got! So have many bronies, I suppose. Again, being from 3rd world I still think Equestria’s worth a shot.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

poor ponies
The lass in Somnambula village don’t seem to be livin any truly luxurious life, but that’s prolly the place I’ll try to find my living and settle in. For completely obvious reason.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@CaptainXtra  
I think they’re jumping the gun, considering it hasn’t been out as long, and unlike that game is only for one console. So it’s honestly an unfair comparison.

@tehwatever  
I guess no place is perfect, but my point is Equestria isn’t perfect is all, like some act.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Beau Skunky  
I was going to write a dark depressing backstory for my pony oc,Fargate,all about her growing up as a slave in Klugetown from the movie.  
It all would have been a big in-joke,since her main purpose is to just interact with ATHF characters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide