The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I heard rumors of Elder Scrolls VI being an Xbox exclusive. Please tell me this rumor has no basis in reality. I’d like the chance to play it on PC. :(
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
For fucks sake, something infuriating just happened.

My godmother who just recently recovered from COVID 19 hugged my mom.

I hope to god she wasn’t still having symptoms.

Both were wearing masks but I’m still worried.

God damn it, I recall seeing a film with a similar premise to this once and I don’t think it ended well.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

As far as Xombi movies go. #Alive 2020 don’t break new grounds, looks to be on the lower budget or Indie, and it’s not gonna make yus cry or be super excited.

It just tells a good, maybe cliched, small scale, contained, zombi apocalypse story. sometimes it be all I need, really. It’s a cute movie actually. In direct contrast to huge, large scale World War Zombie that spans different countries and multiple characters and huge setpieces.

It’s even smaller than in scale than the cult hit 28 Days Later and Shawn of the Dead, although #Alive 2020 manages to be about as cute as Shawn without it being a comedy. Everything is played straight yet you still have cute moments because our MC is just such a dork.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
“We’re gonna make new hand-drawn movies!”  
Two in a row underperform  
“We’re not gonna do that again!”

“We’re gonna make new Muppet movies!”  
“We’re not gonna do that again!”

“We’re gonna make sequels to our live action reboots!”  
“We’re gonna make more sequels to our ‘live action’ reboots!”
Background Pony #F84C
@Background Pony #F84C
I’m sensing a hint of butthurt.
No, I just disagree with your blanket dismissal of them as “creatively bankrupt”.

@Zerowinger  
@icey wicey 1517
Didn’t Lion King 2019 really underperform? And that’s not getting into the criticism with the uncanny valley CGI animals.
Actually it was a huge commercial success. As in a “second-highest-grossing film of 2019” and “$1.7 billion at the box office” success. And if you ignore the debate over whether it counts as “animated” or not (Disney actually considers it a “live-action” film, despite the fact that it was made with computer generated animals), it’s actually the current highest-grossing animated film of all time.

It did of course get a somewhat mixed critical response, but a lot of that was more related to them doing a note for note remake of an animated classic without really doing anything other than switching from traditional animation to photorealistic models.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide