The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Alexk13
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Hearing the talk about Disney’s Hercules has me curious about how they’d try to adapt the legend of Cu Chulainn.

Then again, from what I’ve read about his story, they’d have to leave out several things (adult content) that would make it kinda pointless for them to try.

Now, a studio in, say, France, might do a decent job; look at Dofus Book I: Julith and let’s just say I’d bet they could manage to tell the story without excessively sanitizing the story.

Admittedly, I just want to see a well-made animated adaptation of my favorite Celtic Myth that doesn’t depart too far from the source material; even if they had to give it a higher rating, I think it’d be worth it.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
That thing isn’t supposed to be canon or taken seriously either.

It’s just a small joke comic added on to one of the regular comics Thanos was in.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
so a recently saw some doctor doom in marvel capcom art and all i can think of is victor just not having any of danta’s shit. he’d probably get along great with vergil tho.

“doom has no time for this pizza and crazy parties”
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Watching Konosuba: The Movie. It feels like Megumin’s character in the movie is somewhat of a departure from the way she’s portrayed in the show. In the show, she’s portrayed as somewhat childish and cared more about explosions than others. In the movie, she’s portrayed more like a tsundere.

Personally, I like movie Megumin more than TV Megumin. If she continues being a tsundere, she would definitely be best Konosuba girl in my opinion.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m currently 50 minutes through the Konosuba movie. And I gotta say, while I think the humor and the writing is pretty good, it doesn’t really have an overarching story. Like, there’s no 3 act structure you would fine in a typical movie, which I feel is to the detriment of the movie overall.

Not saying it’s bad or anything, but there’s a difference between doing a TV show and doing a movie. With TV shows, you don’t need a overarching story. You can be episodic if you choose to, which, for the most part, I think Konosuba is. The movie is basically like 4 additional episodes of the TV show. It feels more like a TV show and less like a movie, which I feel is the movie’s biggest weakness.

Ironically, I feel the last couple episodes of season 2 had a more movie feel than the movie itself. Seeing everyone band together and help Aqua was this strong, powering, emotional moment. I kind of wish the hot springs story arc was the movie and the movie was instead part of the regular show.

Still, the movie is really good. A lot of the jokes really land and you can just tell like the show the animators had a blast. I also really like we delve more into Megumin and YunYun’s backstories and who they are as characters. To me, that’s the biggest strength of the movie, is seeing Megumin and YunYun get character depth that I felt we never got in the show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide