The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Melon called Eminem a “malfunctioning tone deaf robot” in his Revival review and honestly, he’s not wrong

After Relapse, he basically only raps in one tone most of the time, that tone being angry and it ruins many songs that could have worked otherwise like Bad Guy and Love the way you lie
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Ok, the weirdest thing just happened. Disney XD was playing Star vs the Forces of Evil, but after 5 minutes, it randomly switched to Ducktales.

That’s… pretty bizzare.
Background Pony #9CB5
I got a question?I was going to play my PS4,I hit the power button on the control but the system wouldn’t come on.I hit the power button on the system then it made a loud pop noise and still refuse to come on.So is my PS4 dead now?
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
It seems with the white actors part Netflix merely wanted the option to audition with an open net of all nationalities, And the creators didn’t want a single white Actor
Phantom Rider

You are already booped.
tl;dr version:
-Bryke were demanding a high budget
-Netflix wanted to cast white actors for certain parts
-Netflix wants a darker, more “mature” tone with sex and blood
So this is going to be M. Night’s The Last Airbender mixed with Riverdale. Got it.

THE PAIN. …But yeah, that sounds about right.

You know, I never really cared much about this - to me, reruns are just reruns no matter how you pretty ‘em up. If I wanted to rewatch ALTA, I could do it whenever, and I have before. Let me know when we get a new story. But still… for everyone who feels differently, everyone looking forward to this, and everyone who didn’t see the cartoon and would be totally blown away by this if it was done right, I really, really hope they find a place where this new series can live and be non-terribad.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I remember watching the first couple if Avatar episodes,and it was good. Not really my thing,though. I only watched more because of Toph. Also why I watched any if Korra. Old Toph is cute too.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I wonder what would be more hilarious:

Rick and Morty if it was directed by Tetsuya Nomura,

Or

Kingdom Hearts if it was directed by Justin Roiland?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
-Netflix wants a darker, more “mature” tone with sex and blood

While not really an Avatar fan, sometimes “adult reboots” with more sex/violence don’t get well received. (Like Ren & Stimpy.) Part of the problem is they usually go overboard with the adult content in trying to make it more “adult” to the point it starts to become immature instead. (And producers/filmakers forget you don’t have to have blood flying, or characters cussing, or moaning in bed covers with each other costantly to be “adult.” Alot of old movies barely had any of that, and can still appeal to adults, or feel “mature.”)

Blood & violence I don’t mind, as long as it’s not constant. I recall Netflix Castlevania kinda went overboard with the violence, and ironically it’s more violent/crude then the original game series was. (The same game series that has you fight a giant rotting corpse, I recall.) So I kinda fear they’ll go overboard with that. I also heard a character gets raped, or something, but I haven’t watched enough of it to confirm that, but that might be overkill too. The games never quite went that far.  
In fact, honestly despite some suggestive statues/monsters/jokes, the Castlevania video games never were that “sexual.”

@northern haste  
I think casting for voice actors based on race might be getting overblown lately. (The guy who voices Cleveland in “Family Guy” stepped down recently, and Hank Azaria is considering stepping down as Apu in Simpsons after all the Apu drama.)

I can understand people wanting authentic voices, or wanting more diversity in the industry, but does that mean people can’t do a fake-yet-convincing southern accent unless they’re from the south?  
Can an Italian-American whom doesn’t actually speak with an Italian nor NY accent (like my friend) sound any different then a non-Italian person also doing the same fake accent? Shouldn’t the voice matter more in voice-acting then what a person looks like? (I remember when casting for Bambi, Walt Disney refused to see the child actors, and only wanted to hear their voices, fearing he’d cast them based solely on how “adorable” they look.)

On the other hand, the voice-acting industry does need more diversity, as well. So it’s a touchy issue with no real perfect solution.  
Y’know, Shredder of TMNT, and Samurai Jack are voiced by black actors, (instead of Japanese/Asian) and I have no issue with that.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
Thing is it has actually been confirmed that there getting white actors for the non white characters just that then not straight up banning white actors.  
These things are definitely things to be worried about But not are enough To put it in the trash pile straight away.  
Don’t know the budget we don’t know the cast And And more adult does not guarantee what the tone is.  
Also would talking about a live action show
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Wait, it’s live-action? I’m just saying they need to balance the adult content, and tone.

And as I said the “should voice actors always match the race of their character” casting issue doesn’t really have a perfect solution either way, as I support diversity in the industry, but I have mixed feelings on the issue, like how they’re getting rid of current voices, and such.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide