The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Watching Jurassic Park again.

It’s funny. When I was a kid I found the beginning boring and loved the action bits. Nowadays I wish the prologue was longer and am content with the action portions.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I wonder if Nintendo will capitalize on the “L is Real” hype.

It’s better than taking the grumpy old fan works hating corporation route.

It’s not like they can unleak everything.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I’ve not watched it but if I understand the premise people pass to different dimensions than yeah it falls in the premise though I believe isekai are usually in fantasy settings so Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland are inarguably isekais.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart  
This is correct. (I quit watching around season two, but from everyone who’s seen it, I’ve heard that I made the right decision.)

@Darth Prime  
@Thanotos Omega  
Both of you make good points. I suppose it depends on how closely we’re going with the definition. Would works like Amphibia, The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, The Owl House, Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, Infinity Train, Twelve Forever, and The Prisoner count as isekai?

@northern haste  
Oy, so like how most cartoon shows inevitably do it?

Gotta admit, this is a trope that annoys me. Like they took the last-minute hookup after a series-long slowburn (a trope that in itself is really unsatisfying to me) and combined it with the ever-present fact that networks often won’t allow cartoons to care about LGBT+ characters, so they throw it in when they know the series is already ending.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I don’t think The Prisoner takes place in a different universe which is kind of the overall defining trait of isekai someone(s) transported in some way to a different dimension usually a fantasy type world which is not a new thing isekai is just the name for that name these days.  
And I count fantasy characters coming over to the real world too like the He-Man movie.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide