The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
just a quick heads up you’re probably going to see a bunch of people talking about hasbro dropping the partnership with TOEI.  
It is from an article that gives no source so I think you’ll know what that means
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste  
Illuminerdi doesn’t always give accurate info. I’ll just wait and see. Personally, if Hasbro ends PR,I’m not sure what my feelings would be. I’d hate to see it end,but if the choice is ending ir more like Beast Morphers, I’ll take end. If they want kids to see it,just rerun the nearly 1000 episodes they already have.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
@Dex Stewart  
Ending the partnership doesn’t automatically mean power rangers is ending. The partnership is just for footage to recycle nothing that actually needs to be done by TOEI. What I heard hasbro already had to make costumes for beast Morphers
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste  
I still don’t want another series like BM. Making the show from the ground up would be interesting, but they’d have a high standard to live up to. They could potentially give us an RPM,which hardly used any Go-onger footage, or they could give us a Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills.  
I’d settle for a happy medium Mystic Knights.
Background Pony #CAB6
@Background Pony #84F8  
@Zerowinger

The weird thing is that Dark Horse has the rights to certain Disney properties - they just published a new miniseries adaptation of The Little Mermaid for its 30th anniversary last year.

Still, I better finally get that Batman vs Predator TPB that has all 3 miniseries collected now before it ends up costing a hundred or two.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
So, last week, I finally finished Shakugan no Shana. I have now finished the three famous Rie Kugimiya tsundere animes.

For those who don’t know, the three famous Rie Kugimiya tsundere animes refers to three animes that involve a tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya. The three animes are Shakugan no Shana, Toradora, and Familiar of Zero.

In my opinion, Toradora hands down is the best of the three. I think the themes and the story arcs that happen in the show is all-around great stuff. This is because Yuyuko Takemiya is a really talented writer and does a tremendous job fleshing out a universe and making it feel three dimensional.

If I had to pick between Shakugan no Shana and Familiar of Zero, I think Familiar of Zero is the better series. While Louise in Familiar of Zero is extremely violent even by tsundere standards, at least she becomes less violent as the show progresses. With Shana from Shakugan no Shana, she has less character progression than both Taiga and Louise. That’s part of the reason why I don’t think Shakugan no Shana is as good as Familiar of Zero or Toradora, as I feel the progression randomly just kinda stops.

I should mention that I love season 1 of Shakugan no Shana. I also really liked season 2 of the show as well. Not as much as season 1, but the show still managed to continue developing the characters. But when season 3 happens, it’s like the character progression stops. Had season 3 of Shakugan no Shana been as good as season 1, I probably would have felt it was better than Familiar of Zero.

Another reason I think Familiar of Zero is better than Shakugan no Shana is the relationship development between the MC and the tsundere. I think Shana is a better character overall than Louise. I like Louise, but the anime adaptation went way overboard with the violence. I know it’s meant for comedy, but there’s a way to be violent without coming across as sadistic. That being said, I think the relationship development between Saito and Louise is better than Shana and Yuji. By season 4, Saito and Louise become boyfriend and girlfriend. And it feels like it’s been built up pretty well. On top of that, by the time season 4 happens, Louise becomes a nicer person and less violent, which is why I don’t hate her as much. But with Shana and Yuji, it’s like they don’t get out of first gear. Shana becomes nicer to Yuji, but that happens midway through season 1. And after that happens, it’s like their relationship doesn’t progress. Hell, they don’t even become boyfriend and girlfriend until the series finale. And by then, Yuji had turned evil.

I feel like Toradora is the perfect amalgamation of both Familiar of Zero and Shakugan no Shana. The tsundere is violent, but not too violent. The tsundere and MC hook up, and while it happens near the end, it doesn’t feel too little too late. Plus, it was built up in a way where it made sense why it would take so long for both of them to fall in love. As a complete, total package, Toradora is by far the best Rie Kugimiya tsundere anime

That being said, I think Rie Kugimiya gives her best performance as Louise.

Honestly, it’s a toss up. Rie Kugimiya’s performances as Taiga, Shana, and Louise are all tremendous. But I think her performance as Louise is outstanding. With Shana, she had moments where she got to showcase the range in her voice, but I felt they were few and far between. With Taiga, she definitely got to express the range in her voice. In fact, I would probably rank her performance in episode 19 as top tier. But I think overall Rie Kugimiya showcases the vast variety in her voice talents most prominently in Familiar of Zero.

The way she’s able to go from angry to vulnerable is just really impressive. It reminds me of Aoi Koga’s performance of Kaguya from Kaguya-sama with the way she is able to juggle so many different personalities. I still think Taiga is a better character than Louise. I think she’s written very realistically and the most three dimensionally. But the way Rie Kugimiya voices Louise is permanently etched into my brain. I cannot hear the name Saito without hearing the way Rie Kugimiya says it as Louise.

Overall, I really enjoy all three series. While I think Toradora is the greatest anime of all time and is better than both Familiar of Zero and Shakugan no Shana, each series is filled with memorable characters, great animation, and some good storylines. They also have their own unique thing going for them. Toradora is a realistic slice of life with a high school setting, Familiar of Zero is a fantasy with elements of ecchi thrown in there, and Shakugan no Shana is an action anime that also has slice of life elements thrown in there.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Not sure if anyone cares, but VUDU is now having a discount sale on The Super Mario Brothers Super Show, Sonic the Hedgehog SatA.M., and Sonic Underground, for fans of Captain Lou Albano Mario, and Steve Urkel Sonic.

Oddly, they only have the second season of Sonic SatA.M. (For only $10 for now.)
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
‪Anyone find it ironic how TF2, a game focused on teamwork, has characters that all act like total assholes to one another?‬
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So last night, I watched How to Talk to Girls at Parties. 1. It was really good, and 2. I didn’t realize just how many things Neil Gaiman wrote/was involved with.

Didn’t teach me a damn thing about how to talk to girls at parties, though.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So I just watched Tank Girl (the movie). You know, I didn’t understand why it was so critically trashed. I thought it was pretty decent for the most part, it had a nice feel, and was camp fun without seeming too stupid.

Then I got to the musical number, and… I totally get why it’s so hated now.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

It’s literally the most profitable single piece of media ever.

So they aren’t gonna stop milking it anytime soon.

@RadioDemon

I don’t recall anything from it particularly more offensive than other anime.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide