The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Doomguy and Carl Johnson belong in Smash Ultimate.

Nintendo, if you can get Solid Snake in there then what gives with these two not getting any love?

I doubt that id Software and Rockstar would turn down that offer.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I love that meme, lol.

@icey wicey 1517  
Doesn’t help Rockstar. EA, & such think Nintendo is for “babies.” (Even the creator of Minecraft took shots at the WiiU.)

That common Western mindset is probably why there’s so few non-Japanese video game characters in SSB. Most Western game developers don’t respect Nintendo, or even Nintendo fans. (There’s a stereotype amongst developers that Nintendo fans are “bad revenue” for third-party games, which isn’t true if you look at monthly sales charts, and Eshop sales charts.)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Beau Skunky  
it has less to do with the fact that Rockstar thinks Nintendo is for “babies” and more the fact that they didn’t like how Nintendo treated them back before they started the GTA series and re-branded themselves.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Beau Skunky  
I wasn’t saying that Sony or Microsoft were saints tho. I was talking about Nintendo, not those two.

And you can hold a grudge for a long time, and in the business/professional world, these types of things don’t just magically get solved and everyone is suddenly happy again.
Icicle Niceicle 1517

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Scrabbleman  
Probably since almost any video game franchise even vaguely related to Nintendo is getting in, things like GTA should be included too (even though there is like, only one GTA game released for the Nintendo)
Icicle Niceicle 1517

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Scrabbleman  
It’s like that “Heavy from TF2 for Smash” thing.

IDK how many people say it as a meme and how many legitimately want it to happen (Which is even more strange since i don’t think Valve has released anything on any of Nintendo’s consoles)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@icey wicey 1517  
Wasn’t saying you said that either actually, just said that in general.

@icey wicey 1517  
Arguably, though when Cloud got in, FF7 didn’t get a Nintendo release until later on the Switch.  
Not to mention, Persona 4 has yet to be released on a Nintendo system, yet Joker got in, Snake returned despite most Metal Gear games never getting a Nintendo release, and lastly Banjo Kazooie got in, yet there are apparently no plans to bring a new BK game (or the original ports) to Switch.

So honestly who knows? It seems like even being related to Nintendo doesn’t seem to be an issue anymore.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@tehwatever  
It is a nice & convincing Mii Costume. Still, nice to see Nintendo giving Indie games love.

@Kiryu-Chan  
I think Shantae is the only one whom has a chance, sense Nintendo & Indie company Wayforward have had a good relationship, and she’s popular with SSB fans.

With WB owning Mortal Kombat, I kinda doubt Scorpion could get in, as that’d probably be an expensive licensing nightmare, (then again they did license minicades to Basic Fun in Walmart stores) and Doom isn’t very popular in Japan.  
(Then again, neither were Sonic, StarFox, Metroid, Punch-out, and Castlevania.)

Would be fun to make Isabelle, and Doom Slayer a kickass team though, and make the meme real.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide