Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #34FA in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #34FA
[@TheFinite](/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=5193253#post_5193253)
> [@Background Pony \#34FA](/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=5193228#post_5193228)
> Lord of the Rings is likely a better story in the traditional sense, but Star Wars you can pop on anytime and have a good time so I lean towards the latter.
This is also mostly my opinion if we are strictly speaking about the movies.

But also it is worth noting that when it comes to The Lord of the Rings I prefer the books over the movies by a longshot. The movies are very good adaptions but the books are a lot better. If I had to choose between reading the LOTR books and watching the Star Wars original trilogy, I'd pick the LOTR books a thousand times. But books and films are different mediums so it's not really fair to compare.

While LOTR has more depth and nuance, Star Wars was originally created to be a film franchise and thus works better as a movie series than LOTR does. And it's tough for me to say this because I have a lot more emotional attachment to Lord of the Rings than Star Wars.

I guess, in the end I'd still pick Lord of the Rings though because I prefer a good nuanced story over Star Wars' flashiness.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #34FA