Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beau Skunky in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Your biggest fan
"[@northern haste":](/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=4832007#post_4832007
)  
I'm not sure, some say the execs wanted Tommy Lee Jones for some reason, maybe because he was a big deal back then, and Billy Dee Williams' only famous role was Lando in SW.

While others claim similar to why Baxter Stockman was changed to caucasian in the TMNT cartoon, they probably feared having the only main black character be a villain would be seen as racist, and upset audiences.

Sense Williams was under a "Pay or Play" contract for the first movie, they at least payed him compensation anyway, and he said he has nothing against Tommy Lee Jones, and enjoyed his preformance.  
Still, I am curious how Billy Dee Williams' Two-Face would've been like back then.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Your biggest fan
"@northern haste":/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=4832007#post_4832007
I'm not sure, some say the execs wanted Tommy Lee Jones for some reason, maybe because he was a big deal back then, and Billy Dee Williams' only famous role was Lando in SW.
While others claim similar to why Baxter Stockman was changed to caucasian in the TMNT cartoon, they probably feared having the only main black character be a villain would be seen as racist, and upset audiences.

Sense Williams was under a "Pay or Play" contract for the first movie, they at least payed him compensation anyway, and he said he has nothing against Tommy Lee Jones, and enjoyed his preformance.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Your biggest fan
"@northern haste":/forums/dis/topics/the-nerd-out-thread?post_id=4832007#post_4832007

Sense Williams was under a "Pay or Play" contract for the first movie, they at least payed him copensation anyway, and he said he has nothing against Tommy Lee Jones, and enjoyed his preformance.
No reason given
Edited by Beau Skunky