The Eternal Thread 2.0

Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Rainboom Dash  
My costume made 500 watts sound system only can produce from 35-20,000 (again no decrease in volume) beside my ear I tasted it using condenser mic. for how much frequency that I can still hear well, I still can hear it as low as 10-15 Hz (it was very painted) for the high frequency, I don’t know I only set fl studio at 44,800 Hz resampling. So can’t really tell beyond 22,400 HZ.

@Rainboom Dash  
Well for me I only started to annoyingly notice the compression from below 128 kbps mp3, but Althought still here the different between 128 and 320 kbps. But 320 kbps and lossless compression like flac. It’s hard for me to notice.
Rainboom Dash
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rainbooms4Ever
@CyanLightning  
For me I can tell a pretty significant difference at ~130 (with LAME), a small difference at ~175 (very decent at this point) and 190 it’s becoming reaaaally hard and 215 is pretty much transparent

320 mp3 and FLAC should be identical… as long as it’s a good encoder

If you listened to my sample, you’d see you hit transparency pretty quickly… 80kbps is decent, but artifacts still clearly audible… 96kbps artifacts very, very minimal and 128 artifacts are completely gone… of course, I used VBR and that particular song Opus didn’t have an easy time compressing (it doesn’t like those kinds of songs… the orchestral type songs) buuuuut… still… it didn’t use too much more than the bitrate I set it at

And pianos… Opus does not like pianos :/
Rainboom Dash
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
The artifacts with Opus is that it mostly doesn’t sound as clear… because it’s adding noise to fill in the frequencies it’s taking out… the noise has the same sound energy.. so it usually works pretty well… but it can still be audible

mp3 it’s usually that it doesn’t sound as crisp or sounds wobbly (due to frequencies being taken out) But Opus starting at just 14kbps fills the whole 0-20khz spectrum pretty decently… well… maybe like 32kbps… 14kbps it does fill the whole 0-20 but the higher frequencies are quieter….

So with Opus it mostly doesn’t sound as ‘clear’

But to me 80kbps artifacts are clearly audible but not anything too bad, 96kbps very close to transparent, 128 fully transparent

Some people would even say 96 sounds transparent to them.. it just depends… to me I don’t think transparency is hit until at least 112, probably 128
Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Rainboom Dash  
Oh okay, I can hear the different although it’s quite hard. Blame my cheap sound system that I currently use, my custom made 500 watts is broke, it need to be fix. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Also here’s what I did in Fl Studio, the compression of MP3 from first to the last beat beat are 32kbps, 64kbps, 96kbps, 128 kbps, 192kbps, 256kbps, 320kbps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0tIt5pSJa3bLU5MNWN3Xzl3UUE/view?usp=sharing
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
@CyanLightning  
32 should be pretty much inaudible… 64 should be pretty bad, 96 still not very good, 128 ‘meh’, 192 should be extremely close to transparent and 256 should be well above transparency

You didn’t do enough bitrates… those are way too big of jumps

Hang on and I’ll compress that song with mp3…

I mean, the one I was using
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_sEtcF0tKNeWnZpQXFieHFaeHM?usp=sharing

There we go

At 175 it should be very decent and at 190 it should be almost transparent and 215 should be pretty much fully transparent

I haven’t listened to it, yet

Yup

I would say ~115 is BARELY listenable, ~130 is listenable, but not very good, ~175 is very decent… extremely listenable… artifacts not very audible and 215 is fully transparent
Cyan Lightning
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Rainboom Dash  
Oh okay, blame my laziness there.

@Rainboom Dash  
I think it’s around 19khz to 20khz. Although the the volume started to decrease significantly at 18khz. people said is that human start to decrease in hear frequency range from age 16-18. But look at me I still able to hear those range frequency as good as I was 15-16 (I am currently 20)
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
@CyanLightning  
It depends on lots of factors

My ears probably weren’t very good to begin with, and I fucked up and listened to music at very loud volumes for no reason at all

I’m not sure what the frequency I could hear was when I was younger… but I’m currently 22 (almost 23)

It’s not laziness… it’s that FL studio doesn’t have many options… plus that’s CBR… what you want is VBR for maximum efficiency

Well, actually, I guess FL Studio does have a good selection of bitrates… but still, it’s CBR and you want VBR
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
Overall bit rate mode : Constant  
Overall bit rate : 320 kb/s  
Encoded by : LAME in FL Studio 12  
Recorded date : 2017  
Writing library : LAME3.99.

Yeah, says CBR… although that’s really just the bitrate of the whole thing… not the individual ones

Hmm… I think I might sing some more.. I feel more awake now and I’m bored and have nothing else to do :/
Cyan Lightning
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Prodigy Unicorn
@Rainboom Dash  
Well, I used to hear at maximum volume on my phone using my earbud and my friends like to say to me when they notice how loud I listen to music “are you deaf or something?”. Although now I not listen to music as loud as i used to be (my phone volume those day 30/30 now it’s just 25/30) not because I don’t want to listen it loudly, but at 30/30 the I noticed a lot of distortion on my earbud especially on treble, while at 25/30 have much less distortion.

Also there is a few options that I skipped like 40kbps 48kbps between 32kbps and 64kbps. but then Again I don’t see really problem if Fl Studio don’t have as many as option as Audacity. I can just render the project in Fl Studio using wav and then convert it using Audacity, if I want to too. Fl Studio isn’t even for audio editing, although sure you still can use it for that. but it’s DAW and the main purpose of it to create music.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide