The Alcohol Thread (Possible NSFW)

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
So I saw some of this stuff at a 7-Eleven the other day.
I thought it was going to be gross, but it’s actually not too bad. It’s almost like liquid bread.
Normally 6% ABV from what I understand, but only the 5% version is available in my area.
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Oh man, I went to Alcholics Anonymous, and Narcotics Anonymous. Narcotics Anonymous is fucking crazy, a lot are unsavable, permanent dependence disorder (they depend on the drug or familiars for an excuse, to avoid facing the truth). Alcoholics Anonymous I can mostly relate to. I was not even thinking about alcohol, but AA made me want a drink more than anything.
I’m going to rewrite the twelve steps, so that it applies to life. Without using the word alchohol or god. Until then, if you have a problem, go to AA if you have to. They only use the word alcohol once, and the word god a couple of times, replace ‘god’ with ‘prosocial intention’.
You only need three steps. Self Honesty, Responsibility, and Science. Fuck all that religion shit, gods real, but putting words in gods mouth isn’t real.
It’s easy to say you have a substance problem. It’s hard to say you have a behavioral problem.
It’s easy to say “the alcohol has made me helpless”. It’s hard to say “a flaw in my personality has made me helpless”
I hate AA, and NA. I smile and listen, because everyone is trying their best. But I don’t raise my hand, because nobody is ready for, or capable of handling that.
I don’t care if I get banned, my life is over, I’ll save as many people as i can on my way out.
I’m drinking right now. It’s not about abstinence, it’s about reducing risk. My risk are low, my life is already worth nothing, a small amount couldn’t make anything worst. I had to hit rock bottom to figure this out, you guys can slow down or stop before you hit rock bottom.
I’m virtue signalling about my own issues. Some people are fine with a just a drink a day. If alcohol is not causing you great harm, than never mind me.
Posted Report
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Hot buttered rum is a cold weather classic and simple to make. Here’s how I do it:
Pour hot tap water into a mug to preheat it.
Boil 4 oz water.
Pour out the tap water.
Mix the 4 oz boiling water with 1 teaspoon brown sugar in the mug until the sugar dissolves.
Add 2 oz dark rum. I use Goslings Black Seal but another dark rum like Plantation Original Dark or Kraken is fine too.
Top with about a tablespoon of softened butter and dust with nutmeg.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

In digital purgatory
@Khamzat Chimaev
I think anyone willing to fight and damage their body for entertainment is cool, I don’t care if they get their ass kicked. somebodies got to lose.
Posted Report
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Artist -

Zamasu
I just had a Pabst Blue Ribbon for the first time in nearly a decade. I don’t understand the hate for this particular beer. Yes, it’s cheap; but it also has the kind of flavor I like in a beer (not too bitter and not too sweet.) And it goes down very smoothly.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
Grocery store sells merlot for 3$. That’s what I drink.
Also Miller highline. Or Rolling Rock. Nothing fancy.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Dex Stewart
Yeah I think so.
I should chill on the coffee and alcohol to be safe, but that’s not what did me in.
I’ll have a little merlot and highlife, or one good steel after i settle down, just not slam it like a careless jerk… with some other shit being out of the picture.
Little prebiotic grape juice for now. Has trace alcohol, under 1%
I don’t agree with complete abstinence, that’s just beaurocricy to look like a problem is being fixed and single out poor people. Also blaming the Alcohol entirely let’s genuine horrible people go free on their way.
It’s about your behavior, intentions and ego that makes addiction.
Posted Report
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I like the smoky taste in Johnnie Walker Black Label and thought I’d try an Isley scotch which are famous for their smokiness. The internet said Talisker 10 year old is a good introduction to peated scotch, so I picked up a bottle. This is a very interesting whisky. It smells like smoke and there’s an almost iodine scent that reminds me of the sea. The taste is first sweet, then gentle smoke and brine followed by a long, warm finish.
Probably an acquired taste for most people, but I kind of like it.
Posted Report
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
After I got off probo last July I hit the bottle kind of hard… making up for lost time it seems and by September my kidneys began to ache. So I realized that I had to ease up again. Mary Jane has helped me cut back quite a bit but I do still like to enjoy beer or wine with a meal. A friend who’s been visiting recently has been bringing over Modelo Dark.
The thought of vodka or whiskey or gin makes me ill anymore but recently I bought some of that 94 proof Kraken black spiced rum and I occasionally pop a shot before bed. Better than your average rum but the vanilla is almost too much. Needed surgical scissors to separate the cap from the wrapping as they are both made out of a considerably thick sheet of aluminum and the twist-off perforations were not effective.
Posted Report
Mori
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

That "Boop Edit" guy
I always had some problems with alcohol. Most types of wine and beer taste too bitter to me, so mostly I only drank cocktails. Vodka mixed with lemonade and pineapple juice for example.
Through coincidence I came across Mead, honey wine. My father and my brother always said “You won’t like that, that’s WAY too sweet”, but then I tasted it and I liked it very much!
My personal favorite kind of mead is mixed with cherry juice, which makes it a little more sweeter and also makes it have less alcohol than normal.
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Mori
I’ve always wanted to try mead. Finally got the chance the last I was in Miami. Some stuff called Viking Blod. It was different, not what I expected, but I’m certainly willing to try more.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide