Stuff you remember or had from the 2000s and 2010s.

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
As this decade comes to a close, I thought it would be nice if we reminisce about the things we remember or had during the 2000s and 2010s. It could be anything, Shows, toys, candy, and especially stuff you don’t see now. I am going to assume we were all around during the 2000s and 2010s, so there should be no shortage of things to reminisce about.

First exhibit:  
full  
Our family bought one of these as well as copies of Star Wars: Rogue Leader and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Oh, and this was the era of the third and fourth generations of My Little Pony.
leash
Economist -

друг
A black PSP (Play station portable) with Grand Theft Auto Liberty city stories. Was so nice. had good graphics and the little joystick controller was a lot more fun than just pressing buttons
leash
Economist -

друг
@AnCapSaiyan  
Heh, for sure. it was so cool, but not as cool as those slider phones or the phones with a built-in mp3 player

was great for taking selfies, since you could use the camera with the phone folded facing towards you
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
The original smart phone:

full

Blackberries used to be amazing phones, and even after iPhone and Android came out, Blackberries were still superior for a few years in terms of features and functionality. They were not easy to use, but they were very powerful and worked incredibly well.

Unfortunately, once iPhone and Android started to gain traction, RIM started panicking and trying to make their phones more consumer friendly. Not only did they fail to gain interest from the consumers, but the changes started alienating corporate customers, causing businesses to move away from the platform.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@AnCapSaiyan  
That wasn’t even my first one. I had a T-Mobile Sidekick before that. I really loved the software UI on the Sidekick, but the physical design wasn’t that great (it was bulky, the keyboard was difficult to type on, couldn’t be used one-handed).

Though I’m not sure I’d consider the Sidekick a smartphone either. It was very feature-rich for it’s time, but was still lacking compared to Palm, Windows Mobile, and especially Blackberry.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
full  
Launching in November of 2005, the Xbox 360 was the first console to have graphics that matched what PCs at the time were capable of. I bought my first one to play Perfect Dark Zero, Sonic ’06, and Halo 3…then I got that infamous and infernal “red ring of death.” I bought another one in 2009 to play Halo 3: ODST, most of the Call of Duty games of the time, and Halo Reach.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Zamasu
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
I had a GameCube as well, but ours was black. It eventually broke. Being Nintendo’s first disc-based system, we should’ve known it would have reliability issues.

We eventually bought a Platinum GameCube.  
full

Speaking of this color, did anyone notice that a lot of electronics in the mid-2000s were silver? Like this Soyny Sony 5.1 surround receiver?  
full
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@Lord Goku  
I had a purple one and it actually lasted for quite a while, though as I said, I sold it a while back and regretted doing that ever since (I did that because I wasn’t expecting to get a Wii U, until a friend of mine bought one for me).

I also have a PS2 Slim and the original fat PS2, the latter had issues with the disc drive nowadays, so I brought a PS2 Slim, which is working quite nicely.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Zamasu
full  
Possibly one of the most universally praised version of Windows which came out in 2001. Even my first laptop had this.

full  
This turd ‘succeeded’ Windows XP in 2007. My second laptop had this.

full  
Another widely praised version of Windows that came out in 2009 and I understand is a vast improvement over Vista. I wish I had this.

full  
I didn’t care for Windows 8’s and 8.1’s Metro Interface…but at least it was still better than Vista. My third laptop has this.

full  
And the current version of Windows, which tries to combine the best of Windows 7 and 8.1. Both of my computers use this and is actually not bad, IMO.
Sumii1213 ♡
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Artist -

may be inactive
So I grew up in early 2010s but I do remember some “older” things like Nokia phones. My dad hasn’t used a smartphone until I was in third grade (2013) so I remember playing those dumb games on his Nokia as a kid xD  
I also had a Wii when I was younger (* ̄︶ ̄*)

Our family had been using fat TVs up until 2012 for some reason. I haven’t seen a plasma TV until second grade.

Also, a few computers in my school still use Windows 7.
user4897
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Yamaha PSR-2100, the best portable keyboard of the 2000’s with built-in sequencer and tons of professional sounds.  
full

Casio PX-110 - A digital piano that begins the trend of cheap piano with high-quality sounds. First introduced in 2005

full
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Zamasu
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 was the perfect price-to-performance graphics card for PC gaming at 1080p for the last 3 years or so. This Zotac Mini version of the 1060 is the same model I have in my PC.  
full
Neopolitan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Quiet
@Lord Goku  
I’m currently using a Ryzen 5 2600 in my pc atm.

My first Nintendo system I ever owned was a blue Gameboy Advanced SP. It went with me nearly everywhere I went when I was a child.  
full
TenaciousDreamer2nd

@Lord Goku  
@Lord Goku

I still have my Gamecube with me - in fact, I’ve been playing Resident Evil 4 and Mario Sunshine on it recently.

I had the Xbox 360 too, but… that was troublesome. For starters, I had two RRODs in the first year alone.  
I don’t have that system anymore, but I’m not too upset about that one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide