Star Trek or Star Wars?

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@uc9  
Star trek, cause it’s more plausible. Star wars’s technology doesn’t make any sense and the default explanation of how anything works is space magic “the force”.
full

My sides XD

Even though the uniforms are different in between pictures
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
@Ebalosus  
Yeah, not to nerd it up, but lazers only work on certain surfaces and weaponry wise only have certain uses. Taking out missiles or projectiles is a good use for lazers, but you’ll never see such a thing as a lazergun in actual combat. The reason being is that the safest place to be then would ironically be in a bunch of trees, cause ironically enough there’s a lot of things lazer weaponry couldn’t burn through, trees being one of these.
Background Pony #077B
I like both and I grew up with Star Wars, but if I’d have to choose… Star Trek, I tend to like the universe more because it seems most plausible.

>Voyage home  
>Best Trek film
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
You know, I’m incredibly surprised that I haven’t seen Universal century gundam/Star trek fanfiction yet
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
@uc9  
I know that It’s probably a Joke, But I don’t even like Gundam that much, (I chose it because the only other mecha I know that could count Is The J9 trilogy)

My favorite Anime is actually King of braves: Gaogaigar
Background Pony #077B
Anyone seen Birdy the Mighty: Decode? If so, what do you think of it?

>Thread derailment: Imminent
Crazy Fan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Star Trek. Used to be a pretty big Star Wars fan but am currently enjoying what star trek has to offer more. Actually, I wouldn’t say just enjoying, but rather being invested every time I watch some Trek. I think episodes in TNG and DS9 are just so well scripted & engaging. Some of my preferred Star Wars content like The Clone Wars just isn’t as nuanced in my opinion, the whole series just seems to be heavily focused on blowing things up a lot of the time. Shooting the others or swinging the sabers.
Don’t get me wrong, ANH, TESB, ROTJ and ROTS I think are movies that will always be timeless and admittedly more accessible to the average person than most of Star Trek. Still, so much other media already involves tangible action-based conflict, wars, battles & the like. Can seem numbing and unnecessary after a while. My current more politically oriented mind I think finds more inspiration in Trek’s “how do we prevent a war & injustice” approach as opposed to “how do we best fight this war?”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide