Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic Standing against the EU Article 13. #saveyourinternet

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"[@CaptainXtra":](/forums/dis/topics/standing-against-the-eu-article-13?post_id=4965928#post_4965928

[bq]
)

>
This should be met with pitchforks[/bq]

You won’t hear any complaints from me about that.

In fact, this attitude of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Ministry of Culture is actually unthinkable, but it proves once again how much the CDU is in the hands of lobbyists. I’ve been trying to figure out who’s trying to influence this. Mainly, I was able to locate the two German associations of the music industry and the newspaper publishers (or rather their digital representatives).

So, as always, it’s all about money. Even though I cannot blame these two associations for wanting to defend the rights and interests of their members, I see here the struggle of two sectors threatened with extinction, which are desperately trying to legitimize their own existence. And since both industries are employers with a relatively large number of jobs, the CDU seems to be entering into a faustian bargain here.

One cannot really reproach Peter Altmaier for being particularly unworldly. On the contrary, the man is actually quite communicative and has an affinity for the net. So the whole thing does surprise me a little. I can only suspect here the last stand of lobbyists to no longer want to face reality.
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian