So. Evanescence.

TheAbridgenator
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Entil'Zha
I have an…odd relationship with this band. That is, I like them, but I’m not sure they’re actually “good.”

On the one hand, the musical elements of the band are quite awesome. The instrumentation is solid, Amy Lee’s voice needs no introduction, and they always add a lot of variety to their albums with every new addition.

On the other hand, for as much as each album varies, the songs themselves aren’t too distinct; they have their individual charms but are sections of an overall identity for the album as opposed to the song. And the lyrics range from awesomely melodramatic to…just plain silly. One of the demo songs, “Zero”, is particularly cringeworthy, and Hello is little better; they read like something written by a Livejournal roleplayer who draws Danny Phantom as a wolf boy.

My upshot is…I dunno. I still find them awesome, lol. Your thoughts?
archestereo

…well, it doesn’t exactly help that they’re up against the likes of Within Temptation and Nightwish in their own sub-genre; but then again, those are the only three I know of (unless you wanna make a stretch and include Skillet and 403 Forbiddina). Heck, performing music of this particular sub-genre is an achievement in of itself; just before the turn of the millennium, I don’t think anybody could even wrap their head around a fusion of metal and orchestral composition.

Also, I could say I have this relationship with alot of bands. (Music never was one of my strong points.)
DaisyHead
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

That song they are known for, Tourniquet, is actually a cover song from christian death metal band no one knows, and the people who ran across it looking for Evanescence are dicks about it, “not being as good as Evanescence.”
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Palinor

If you take the capitalised letters in what you wrote, then yes, you’ll spell out my first name.

@Grieffon

Same here: To me, it’s a case of “huh, I wonder whatever happened to them”
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
I like them. But it is true that I often forget about their songs.

I tend to use Nightwish and Within Temptation for that kind of music first.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide