So Do You Think We Dodged a Bullet with Final Fantasy 13-2?

Background Pony #2552
With the increasing likelihood of FF13-2 becoming a non-entity, the fact that the focus on this project has basically killed the momentum of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, and the high probability that this failure will prove economically stressful…do you think that this might be a good thing? For all of FF13’s issues, at least the narrative had a different perspective with Lightning and the gameplay was decent. FF13-2, aside from having almost literally NOTHING to do with  
FF13, looks to be yet another FF7 knockoff. More emo J-pop leads that angst ad nauseum, waify pure girl that causes angst (although making her the antagonist IS fucking brilliant), and the same damn aesthetic choices we’ve always gotten. Do you think that this projects likely failure will get Square Enix to think outside the box again. I mean, I don’t want to go the Sonic Generations route and rehash FF6, that’d just create the same problem in a different way. I mean, come up with games as original now as FF6 and FF7 were then?
DaisyHead
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@the abridgenator Well, seeing the ending ,they just leave it on a cliff hanger, they fail miserably and eveyone on the planet dies, and now lightning has to fix everything by herself when they could’ve just left 13 on it’s own and put their effort into another project. the ending to 13 would’ve been fine as it is I guess, just ending it there and be done with it.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Final Fantasy, series that refuses to die. Even though it has been a train wreck since FF8.  
I do not really recognize the FF series past the FF6 point. Speaking of the classics, they should really consider remakes of FF5 and 6.
Japanese Teeth
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Clock. Is. Ticking.
@SeraphimDawn

@GargantuanBass

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite of the series. X is pretty good, but not awesome. XII and XIII have some good ideas with really iffy execution. VI was good, but honestly I enjoys VII and IX more.

Honestly, I’d love to see them do a “back to basics” style thing like they did with IX and go back to a medieval style and simplified battle system. I honestly don’t think that anything they’ve come up with tops the ATB style battle system they used in VI, VII, and IX.
Blackie

X is incredible (just mute the scenes were Auron isn’t on the screen, it’s not that hard), XII is decent and XIII/-2 were awful.
BrushieBrushie

BP, I think you’re talking about 13-3, 13-2 was already released, though it does win the award for worst ending ever, not just because of invalidating the past events entire game, it also invalidated the events of the game that took place before it. That’s pretty impressive, and thus I don’t have very high expectations for 13-3.

I jumped off the FF train a while back when I noticed the other shiny RPG franchises, all I have left is FFIV and its many ports.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
I dislike X. The characters were wretched. Especially Rikku (voiced by Twilight’s VA) who was only there to be a sex symbol.  
And the sphere grid was terrible.

The combat was good though.

XII was almost damn good but I didn’t like the combat. To be fair I was probably just bad at it but I didn’t like faffing about with gambits in the menu all the time

@BrushieBrushie  
Didn’t ME3’s ending do that too?
Japanese Teeth
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Clock. Is. Ticking.
@Whatevs

If they would have combined X’s combat system with XII’s story, characters, and leveling system (aside from the whole “buying magic twice” and “you have to spend points to wear a hat” idiocy), the result would have kicked all sorts of ass. Just as long as they actually made Basch or Balthier the protagonist and shoved Vaan to the background.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide