Single-Player Pony Pathfinder

infinita est lux Solis
Artist -

Heretical Inquisitor
I was playing a game of Pathfinder (Sort of Dungeons and Dragons but not really) when I decided “I want to play a game of this but in the world of MLP…” One problem… none of my friends are Bronies, and I usually don’t invite them over for games (Instead I usually join them after school) So… I’m stuck playing the game Single Player… but I have absolutely no idea how to be both the DM and a player… So I’m asking for your advice on both how to play Single-Player and any good ideas for an MLP D&D Campaign…
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Well, although these are focused on kids more than adults, there’s quite a few My Little Pony Role Playing Games out there that are based on the usual D&D rules, complete with expansion packs, and you can even find some D&D specific props from the Hasbro store, like these dice, and some people have done write-ups of their experiences with the game system, so there’s lots of sources of pre-made adventures that you can try out solo or with a group.

And I’ve had really good luck adapting the for-kids rules and scenarios to adults - sometimes with very few tweaks (especially if drinking is involved). The games are a little lighter and, frankly, can be a lot of fun. There’s a lot more running around and screaming, it’s less harsh when things go completely ass over tea kettle, and the scenarios make for some really good drinking time gaming.

Check out some of those game sets - they come with scenarios all prepared, and if you want something rougher, just turn the dial up to 11 on the encounters and mobs.

Honestly, for myself? The more I bring MLP into gaming, the better the games are. Whether I’m playing with a crowd or by myself.

full

Friendship - just add drinks and gaming and you’ve got magic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide