Show off your vintage electrics and electronics!

theawesomeguy98201
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Rainbow Dash fan! :-)
Show your awesome vintage electrics and electronics (old PCs, or whatever)!

I have a old Canon TS-84H battery and solar calculator that still works this day! Here it is, it doesn’t have a date code on it. I think it must be at least from the 90’s? And yes I was using a shitty camera (hence why the image quality is bad) but hey, thats what I got.

full

full

full

full
theawesomeguy98201
Artist -

Rainbow Dash fan! :-)
BONUS: You can even show off your old games from PC to from old game consoles!

I still have this awesome Space Cadet Pinball game on my PC, and I love it!

full
s8wc3
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Get my rope...
Every “show your vintage electronics” thread has a compact Mac so may as well get it out of the way now.

full

It works though I don’t have a keyboard to boot it. It came from a kindergarten, as evident by crayon marks all over the case (and the sticker, as far as I know at least here in Australia all Macs ordered for education had that sticker). It has the full 4 megs of RAM but no hard disk - not an issue since these had the operating system in ROM. This model was most popular with education institutions, to save money they would order them without the drive and just load software off the network.

Also seen in this picture is my Pentium-III computer, a 21” FD Trinitron and a 28.8 Lightspeed modem (a popular choice amongst ISPs back in the day). Though it’s a little bit too new to be age-correct I plan to use the modem to get the Mac online if I ever get a keyboard, since I have the facility to dial in to my network using a Cisco router with an analog modem card. Would be cool to chat on IRC with the thing.

Plenty more where that came from….. I am a professional hoarder.
s8wc3
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Get my rope...
@theawesomeguy98201  
Yeah, it uses a special Apple keyboard, and they’re super expensive. You can buy an adapter that allows you to use a PC keyboard but it still costs more than what I paid for the computer itself. I guess I’m just going to wait until I find one in the trash lol
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

Got a bunch of hardware, computer parts but the one I still use everyday is that ~40 years old Scott amp.  
full  
full

@s8wc3  
Ah yes, a beauty! Trinitrons weree excellent. I found myself a 19” ProView but with a similar, Mitsubishi tube (Diamondtron clone) and I used it even after LCDs were available.  
Also tried to reassemble a P3 lately, on a old mobo.. I’ll have to build a nice case for it.  
full
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@theawesomeguy98201  
There are plenty of abandonware sites out there, I highly recommand you to go there. Myself I’ll spend some time playing the original Diablo on PC.

Also I can’t get rid of this Atari. It was a gift, came with a cassette player but I still need to find a floppy drive for it!  
full
Proudy Hooves
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

That hockey pony :v
@theawesomeguy98201  
Hah, that Pinball is apparently one of the most memorable things ever :D Even I played it when i was studying at my institute if i get bored or whatever stuff happened, heh.

Sadly I haven’t got much old stuff anymore, only my oldest PC from early 2000s that was upgraded few times i believe. (from AMD Duron CPU to Athlon XP one)
Proudy Hooves
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

That hockey pony :v
@theawesomeguy98201  
I already got it on my notebooks for a while (although one of them is a netbook actually lol) plus i forgot to mention that i played Pinball from my netbook thingy during my student days, heh.  
So yeah, i could play Pinball sometimes. Although i mainly surf internets now.
s8wc3
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Get my rope...
@Patachu  
I love that applebloom, nice touch. That looks like a really nice amplifier as well (I especially like the knobs). I’ve also got a couple old home stereo amps myself.

full  
This Onkyo was a typical find in Aus homes back in it’s day, along with the likes of the Pioneer Rondo 3000X (and one other prolific series of Pioneers I don’t remember the name of off the top of my head). About as basic as you can get, doesn’t even have a protection circuit! I think its about 20wpc with probably a lot of distortion, I can’t find any documentation on it so I don’t know for sure. I find these low end and primitive receivers endearing for whatever reason.

full  
This isn’t my photo but it’s the same model, mine is in storage because it’s fubar unfortunately. One of the STK integrated amplifier modules has shorted out, and to replace it costs more than what the whole amplifier is worth. Shame because it performed great when it worked. 50w into 8 ohms at 0.008% THD!

I’ve got a 17” Diamondtron as well, also stuck in storage because it needs some work. I heard a long time ago that in some ways they were better than the Sony’s. I don’t remember exactly how though. The DT’s tube is pitch black but the Sony is green-ish, maybe that has some effect on it.  
Also that motherboard…. quite the find there!
Patachu

@s8wc3  
ah, shucks. i did also burn a transistor on my Scott years ago, threw a party with friends, booze and playing some Soulfly. the protection circuits rather did their job like politicians facing a global crisis and it’s been left in the living room collecting dust for a while til I decided to fix it.

I also have a Harman Kardon PM660 on the living room but haven’t found what’s wrong yet. Might be the transistors or some caps again, I’ll have to check ‘em! ( i mean, spend some time testing everything now I have a decent multimeter and a oscilloscope)

for the monitors, CRTs always can be calibrated, there’s plenty of software for that, depending of the menus it can be nightmare-ish.
Patachu

@ImpOfficial  
Oh I bet!  
Guess we all have a thing for vintage cameras. Even if I mostly buy old film cameras for the lens attached on it, these are pretty~

full  
I’ll try to make a better pic of my lenses when there’s a better light.
RainbowŠpekGS
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

BACKGROUND PONY LOVER
So, let’s start with my audio system.

full

full

Sorry for the bad lighting, it’s midnight here.

There is:  
Technics RS-T55T cassette deck - I use this one very often, it’s nothing special but it has great sound  
qualitty.

Phillips CS604 CD player - This one doesn’t work, the CD loadin tray broke, probably a bad gear.

Nordmende 1050 Cassette Deck - A pretty good 80’s cassette deck, sadly has some problems with recording. An  
interesting thing is that it can record on FeCr tapes.

Nordmende PA 1050 Amplifier - Just an 80’s amplifier, the caps are probably bad. I have to set the treble to +4 and bass to -4 for the music to sound normal. I plan to get something better.

Nordmende TU 1050 Tuner - Honestly, a really great tuner. I really like that it has the LW band, I listen to some LW stations.

As you can tell, I really like cassettes. I Have a pretty big collection. Maybe 300 tapes?

Anyway, heres a WoodenToaster tape I made!

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide