Random Useless Facts Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
During World War 2, Britain tried to persuade neutral Ireland to join the war by offering them Northern Ireland, which the Irish rejected.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
There is a rumor that states that a lake made entirely of ink is located somewhere in the North African country of Algeria but so far, there has been little to no evidence that it exists.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Human fingers are so sensitive that they can feel objects as small as 13 nanometers. By comparison, if a finger were as big as the earth, it could sense the difference between a house and a car.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Carbondating does not work for organisms after 1950 because of the disruption of the atmosphere due to nuclear weapons changing the earths conditions to render carbon dating useless for more modern organic material.
Luckily people are using other methods of dating like I believe some sand crystal dating.
@Myoozik
And it uses Carbon-14 the same carbon used to date old organic materials like mammoth bones.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Some Random Useless German Facts:
  • In Germany, more board games are sold than in any other country in the world.
  • Because the ingredients of Coca-Cola could no longer be found in Nazi Germany, the Coca-Cola Company developed a new drink especially for the German market: Fanta
  • Higher education in Germany is also free for international students.
  • The “Made in Germany” label was originally intended to warn Englishmen against “inferior” goods from Germany.
  • Worms, officially the oldest city in Germany, was settled as early as 5,000 BC.
AND:
  • Ransom payments to kidnappers are tax deductible in Germany.
;-)
TheGamerPainter
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

OC maker
Some music videos on TV get censored like Industry Baby by Lil Nas X- There’s a part with Jack Harlow with a female and her behind is censored
Doja Cat by Get Into It (Yuh)- A female controlling the ship butt’s censored as well.
Stay by Justin Bieber and The Kid LAROI- The Kid LAROI says “I’ll be fucked up…” but it’s censored but he still lips the word and shows the fingers.
Yeah Music Video on TV is confusing…
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
When Greece became independent from the Ottomans in the 1830s, Greece was under the political influence of Britian France and Russia. And they installed a Bavarian German to rule Greece, King Otto.
The “Made in Germany” label was originally intended to warn Englishmen against “inferior” goods from Germany.
Nowadays Made in Germany seems like the ulimate mark of quality.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
AHH! AHHAHHAHAHH!! A… (okay, you’ve got it) You b**king genius [word]. Just when I think I can breathe, you go for the broadsword! But I will never talk about Power Rangers online again. Never! Offline, gladly, after at least two bottles of whisky and lots of beer. I have grown old enough to never repeat that mistake again. ;-)
Dex Stewart
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheGamerPainter
They don’t air them at all, Nickelodeon didn’t renew their contract. Netflix picked up the current season, and Hasbro has been uploading the past episodes gradually to YouTube.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Drive thrus were invented by the US military when soldiers ordered food and were not allowed to leave their vehicles while in uniform so they ordered and ate inside their cars.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide