[Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@doloresbridge  
Maybe like picking up the pieces after a series of shocking events.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
It’s your birthday today? Didn’t even know one of my best friends birthdays. Even if you don’t get anything, you could still take it easy. I’ve had some birthdays where nothing special happened, i just used it as an excuse to be lazy and kick back.
deactivated686beb

I remember when I first uploaded art here a while ago and some of them were of me attempting suicide. These two albums pretty much define pretty much my whole life. Don’t think coronavirus has anything to do with this. I’ve always been depressed and suicidal (to the point to where I’ve accepted it). I pretty much ditched all of society (or at least the normal part of it) a while before the pandemic began. I feel like I’m losing my mind, living inside some evil, twisted fantasy. It’s only a matter of time before I’m completely fucked up.

You think it’s bad now? I’ve got some terrible news. Things only get worse in this world.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I was born in the shadow of the Appalachian mountains, I’ve got no intention of dying anywhere but the shadow of the Appalachian.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I’m tired…I’m literally tired of living through this life…all the heavy manual labor that comes with it…I’m tired of it… I feel as though I was born a slave and there’s no escape from it…
Background Pony #8CB5
@Manerg  
Well, it is a capitalist world most part of the world, so, by you mean “gets worse”, partially true, somethings in the world will indeed get worse, but some do gets better, but the capitalist system made the world lean on “worse”.
Background Pony #1A79
@Manerg

@Slingring

I really don’t want to participate in this argument, but I think that this discussion is getting out of topic for a Depression Thread and is more fitting for the Political Thread. . So I wholeheartedly recommend you guys to take this theme over there or PMs.

~~Why the Depression thread tends to go political anyways?~~
Background Pony #8CB5
Deletion reason: Rule #6- use the Generals >> Politics thread if you want to talk about this
deactivated686beb

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
I gave up on making friends a long time ago. After many years of failing I just didn’t care anymore. Now I’m depressed because I’ve been alone for so long and have no life. Making friends online isn’t going to fix this. You’re going to have to try to make friends in real life, but with covid, it’s almost impossible. Maybe you should give up. At least that way you won’t have a false sense of hope of making friends, because hope is a terrible feeling to have. It keeps you from giving up and forces you to continue trying desperately to do something that you’ll never be able to do. You probably don’t even need friends.
Background Pony #B054
@Manerg  
Eh, hopes aren’t always a terrible feeling as you said, if handled with “realistic hope”.

Seems like covid created a despair-embracing mindset for you.

Sure giving up something is practical in many things in life, but still, must go along with “realistic hope”, or you might like “defensive pessimism”.
deactivated686beb

@Slingring  
On the internet it’s easy, but in real life it’s very hard. It’s sad nobody can see their friends anymore because of covid, but get used to it. Things will never be as they once were. Social distancing, lockdowns, mask wearing, will all outlast the coronavirus and will stay with us forever. Even if the coronavirus pandemic does end, everyone will have been locked inside a prison for so long that they won’t want to leave it. First people hated it. Now they’re used to it, and it’s only a matter of time (if the time hasn’t passed yet) where people are dependent on it. We’re going to be doing the shit we’ve been doing for the rest of our lives.

You know life has turned into shit to where you have to go online to make friends, friends you will never know in real life and will never be able to see in person. I guess it’s possible if you used Discord or some other video/voice chat, but there is no way I would ever do that. I may have had friends in the past, but I haven’t seen any of them in years or even decades.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide