[Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

TempFizzle
Wallet After Summer Sale -

It is sad how people who state their depression in the correct thread usually gets ridiculed, as if the thread only exists just to mock, blame or provoke. So why does this thread stay open when all it does is open a door to bullies to come into someone else’s life they have no fucking clue who they are and pretty much try to degrade them? Perhaps even encourage them to die? This is an issue.

And this behavior is acceptable, mods? What the fuck. Irrelevant posting and antagonizing? Only visiting to troll? I’m not trying to be a hero but this is enough. I won’t do a damn thing about it either, but I will refrain from this thread because of how people use it. Just like the vent and politics thread. Same here; just avoid it. The only help is to not focus on it, let trolls be trolls, do something worth living day-by-day because nobody here will give a shit if you die from someone calling you hurtful things on the internet, and anyone speaking out about it gets shit on.

Many might not care about what people say to others, but at least I have the balls to say no to it. If people followed the rules as good as they tagged images, or complaining about not tagging, the site wouldn’t be so bad.

I’m done speaking. Let things as they go.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
And this behavior is acceptable, mods?

Of course it isn’t acceptable. If someone here is bullying someone else, please report it.

That goes to everyone here - if someone is bullying or antagonizing someone else here, please report it.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Jarkes  
No one should be trying to self-medicate themselves, or provide counseling to others, via social media. This isn’t a clinic, and anyone who needs professional help isn’t going to get it here.

Maybe it SHOULD be locked…

Why?

I think people should be able to discuss their depression here if they want. And some people who use this thread have found friendships or have gotten things off of their chest that have helped them.

If people are being assholes to others here, then report them and we’ll deal with them.
Background Pony #9E69
Things seemed effed up right now, but they straighten out. /

In cases where abuse has not occurred, the negative opinions you perceive others to have of you are hyperbolic. /

Family can be toxic too. /

There are safer places for you to be.

I wish on sunny skies for all of you.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
“Spent a lifetime of holding on, just to let go.
I guess i’ll spend another lifetime searching for a new hope.”

Those lines are some of the most heartwrenching shit I’ve read all day.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Badheart  
I see this:

And these:

And more recent stuff like this:

If you don’t want to be here, that’s your call - I’ll be sad to see you go, but we’re not going to let you complain on fan art images like this:

I think those are beautiful, and we’re seeing more beautiful art day by day.

It’s fine if you blame the volunteers on the site for your problems (whatever they are), but you don’t get to post things like what you did on fan artist’s work. For whatever reason you decided to attack that fan artist’s work, that’s not ok.

And if you aren’t willing to use the site if you can’t post things like that, then you should find a site that is more to your liking, and has rules that allow you to post things like that on fan artist’s images.

But don’t blame fan artists for it. That’s you.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Badheart  
We take breaks, too - this place is like a fan convention that runs for 365 days a year, year after year after year.

Eventually you can’t stand to be around it any more.

So take a break and do something else until you’re recharged and feel like being back here again, otherwise it’s too easy to burn out and burn all your bridges before you’ve crossed them.

Getting drunk and standing in the artist gallery bitching about what fan artists are drawing is just a cry for help, and there’s only so many different kinds of “help” that the volunteers running the convention can offer you.

We have to protect our fan artists and the rest of the fans who are here. And if someone is being an angry drunk accosting people in the artist gallery, then we have to ask them to stop. Even if we like them.

Go have a snickers bar, and come back when you feel like having fun again.

Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Badheart  
I hope you come back refreshed and feeling better.

I mean, we’ve talked before and I think you’re one of the reasons I think this site is special and fun and can be someplace I want to donate my time. I like you. You seem ok, and I know the post you made was completely out of character and just weird. That’s why we deleted it and didn’t say anything - that’s not you. So something must be going on.

Don’t be gone long - turning your back on your support group, even if it’s just a website full of pony fans - can do more damage than it solves.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide