PETA

General Discussion » PETA Search Posts
Background Pony #EDBB
Someone should scam PETA.

Apparently, PETA funds animal liberation. Some of this is involves BOMBING animal testing labs. If someone were to get money from PETA to commit a bombing but end up not doing anything, PETA wouldn’t be able to litigate.
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
I think it’s hilarious how 90% of the world doesn’t even consider animal welfare to even be an issue. Animals are food, work engines or servants for the lion’s share of the planet. Why does the developed world seem to think otherwise? Guilt. Why do we feel guilty? Because we have the luxury of living a comfortable-enough life to feel guilty about shit nobody cares about.
Background Pony #4166
@Nightweaver20xx

I strongly disagree with this notion. The idea that animals (living, feeling creatures) should suffer just because it’s convenient is also shit. Animal welfare is extremely important for any society that wishes to deem themselves enlightented or humane. They are living things that feel pain and are just as alive as you or I.

The problems with PETA, however, are that they don’t do ANYTHING to help animals. In fact, they are completely counter-productive and polemic to the point of absolute absurdity.

It’s true, in societies that don’t know where their next meal is coming from such a concern would seem trivial. However, that does not make it any less vital. If someone is starving or dying of thirst they may not, for example, give a shit about politics. That does not make politics irrelevant or inconsequential. It’s simply a matter of that whole Maslow’s pyramid paradigm.

Anyway, back to the issue. PETA is bullshit and they are a joke.
Wafflecannon
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

One of my brother’s ex-girlfriends was a really big PETA supporter. She left their magazine on our kitchen table to try to get us to “end our cruel lifestyle”. It was an issue about the mistreatment of chickens at the Tyson Chicken slaughterhouses. I read it in front of her, while eating KFC noisly.  
0 fucks given.
Psyga315
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - We Are Our Avatars
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fallen Brony
Oh noes! PETA is out to get us! Not the animal rights organization that built its legacy out of building numerous ads that cross so many lines in so many ways, like comparing the raising of cows to the Holocaust or comparing domestic abuse to preparing fish, and making mediocre knockoff games!

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, seriously, RIAA can be taken more seriously than PETA, and they built their legacy off suing dead grandmothers.
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
So tell me, does the rest of the animal kingdom show sympathy or compassion toward other species? Why should we be different?

Bear with me, I’m going somewhere with this.
Background Pony #0E85
I am in favor of eating tasty, delicious and nutritive animals. But i prefer them to be killed in a quick way so they don’t suffer. Gratuitous given pain is unnecessary.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide