Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
I mean, Lux Eterna isn’t a bad song, but the later albums just don’t have that 80s thrash vibe and don’t compare to their earlier albums. It sounds like Metallica is trying to recreate their golden age but have ran out of fresh ideas and can’t play like they used to and they’re just pandering to the masses considering their new albums are a combination of The Black Album and Kill ‘Em All but with a clean, modern sound that just doesn’t sound as intense as Ride the Lightning or even Master of Puppets (it almost sounds like a pop rock group trying to be fast and heavy). A lot of metal bands struggle with this, including Megadeth (though not as much as Metallica). It honestly makes me wonder if the 80s albums were as good as I remembered.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah. Even I didn’t crap on my classmates for liking Taylor Swift when they were hyping up her new album. (Hell, even when I told them that my venture into her 10-minute song was rather underwhelming, I felt so bad for saying that that I tried to cushion the blow as much as I could.)
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@angryprogrockbrony
Still, it isn’t really the best time to say something like that when others are cheering, it’ll make you look like a buzzkill.
I don’t have to like every song, album, or artist that ever existed. I would rather be a “buzzkill” than a pop fanboy who bandwagons and only judges based on popularity and looks (which have nothing to do with an artist being good) and attacks anyone who says anything bad about anything.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@angryprogrockbrony
…What does your comment have to do with anything? None of us are talking about pop.
You are allowed to dislike things, but do you not realize that not every time is an appropriate time to hop in and express said dislike for things?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@angryprogrockbrony
My man, you missed the point of my post altogether, that wasn’t what I was saying. What I’m saying is that it’s not a good idea to be a contrarian when others are excited or hyped about something. There is a time and place to voice those opinions, but now is not one of those times, especially when you phrase it in a way that says “X stopped being good for a long time, I don’t know why you guys still like X”
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
What if there was a music album where half the songs are all about spreading positivity and the other half is about how awesome the person singing is? It could be an angel and devil on the shoulder type of situation where the person singing is trying not to succumb to the braggadocios, arrogant jerk the demon inside themselves wants them to be. Maybe it could even be a satire of toxic masculinity.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
I don’t care if everyone here listens to Metallica or not. I like Metallica. I’m just not a fan of their newer albums and I think Lux Æterna is uninteresting and not a good attempt at recreating their 80s sound. This cover sounds so much better to be honest.
Posted Report
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
The closest thing I can remember to that are some certain late 80s-early 90s hip-hop albums - you have about half or more of the album being the usual MC songs, and the other half being conscious songs. It’s A Big Daddy Thing immediately comes to mind, though the two types of songs are interspesed through the album.
Posted Report
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
Also, RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac. I just found out a moment ago that she passed away.
So, that’s two years after their original lead guitarist Peter Green, and about 10 after Bob Welch. Add to that Bob Weston, Bob Brunning, and Danny Kirwan. That’s a good chunk of the band…
Good thing Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Buckingham and Nicks are still kicking
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide