Music thread

Galestorm
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Dashie41 YT
i’m a little curious to who the next vocalist will be & if they’ll be let’s say less difficult or controversial than Ivan. aside from that, i hope he does well with whatever he choses to do next.
@Khamzat Chimaev
their fanbase is a lot different irl than in the memes. i’ve only seen the band live once at Download Festival (wasn’t intentional but i got there before they started & thought i may as well watch ‘em) & a lot of the fans int he crowd seemed pretty alright & not at all red neck-y. i probably don’t doubt that that part of the fandom exists but i do think that stereotype is overly exaggerated. & their music, definitely not the best but of anything, their 1st 2 or 3 albums are better.
@TheHappySpaceman
you know he & Jeremy Spencer were actually the founding members of the group (& Ivan didn’t come along until later). i wouldn’t say i’m a super fan of the band but i like their earlier albums, Zoltan is probably my favourite member & he & the rest of the group shouldn’t have to suffer just because of Ivan’s antics.
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Is new music really that bad or have I not listened to any of the good music from the past 10 years?
It all probably went underground, obscured by mainstream shit which is mostly done on a computer or with voice-enhancing software like autotune (so everyone sounds more or less the same), songs written by half a dozen people with awful lyrics, very repetitive and hypnotic with just a simple beat being played throughout the entire song. Even rock and metal bands from the 70s and 80s which are still around today don’t make as good music anymore.
I listened to Megadeth’s The Sick, The Dying, and The Dead, and it’s not really as good as the critics made it out to be. Honestly it’s pretty dull and sounds like they’re trying to recreate the 80s Megadeth sound but can’t write anything interesting, Dave Mustaine can’t sing like he used to (which is expected), and most of the guitar solos are pretty lazy. As for Metallica, I never liked their latest album Hardwired… to Self-Destruct. I honestly prefer Load and Reload over anything that came out after that.
Genres like Rock and Metal never died nor did they make a comeback. They’ve been here the whole fucking time. I don’t think Rock (including Progressive Rock) and Metal as it was from the 70s to the early 90s will ever completely die. It isn’t mainstream anymore and might not ever be again, but it still exists. I just can’t find it.
How can I find good new music (regardless of whether it’s popular or obscure) to listen to? It seems like newer bands that aren’t awful pop/rap (like BTS) or so-called “rock” bands which are more pop and barely even rock (bands like Imagine Dragons) are impossible to find because nobody else gives a fuck.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@angryprogrockbrony
Well, I’ll be releasing a new single tomorrow, if that helps you find smaller artists
I don’t know how to help you, but I do listen to a number of smaller bands. Moron Police, Zeal & Ardor, The Falsies, The Vailix, to name a few. Searching around on Bandcamp will help.
@Galestorm
Fair enough, I guess. I’m just not a fan of their music or their anti-mask messages in their videos.
Posted Report
Galestorm
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@TheHappySpaceman
yeah, i don’t really blame you on that one, i didn’t really care nor think much of that either.
@Dashie41 YT
ah yes, i’ve heard of that little project of theirs (only because of someone talking about it & a few other bad bands). as for the other guys if they do call it quits & start another band, only time will tell.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The “When We Were Young” concert is happening soon, which reminds me that I am, in fact, no longer young.
Cheers to being retro.
Imma go listen to some late 90s, early 00s emo and pop-punk now.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman
That was really good.
I like how the first few bars keep it ambiguous as to what kind of groove we’re getting. I liked how there’s a beat, then the song just blindsides you with “we live for rock!”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide