Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah I know. The 80’s themselves in general were a difficult time for 70’s classic rock bands that either tried too hard to adapt or didn’t even try enough. Genesis managed to thrive while say Kansas struggled, it was a coin toss
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
The 80’s themselves in general were a difficult time for 70’s classic rock bands that either tried too hard to adapt or didn’t even try enough. Genesis managed to thrive while say Kansas struggled, it was a coin toss
Yeah it’s sad most of the good bands from the 70s either broke up (King Crimson, VDGG) or turned to shit (like Genesis after Steve Hackett left and Kansas starting with Monolith). Even King Crimson, who did come back in the 80s, had to adapt to the new wave sound and we end up getting a trio of pop albums, but at least they were able to retain their classic prog sound, and they never had any big hits so you can’t really say they sold out (Heartbeat and Sleepless are the closest things to Crimson selling out, and even those are better than the music Genesis, Yes, and Rush were all making in the 80s).
Honestly between Genesis and Kansas I prefer the latter just because I had grown up listening to them and they were one of the first bands I really got into. They released several prog rock albums in the mid 70s but since most people only know Carry on Wayward Son and Dust in the Wind, they’re often mistaken for just another AOR band like Journey (a band that was never good to begin with) and I think they’re pretty underrated (apart from the two songs most people know).
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So, today I found out that one of the ladies I ride horses with is an assistant of Paul McCartney’s wife. Meaning that I’m three degrees of separation from Paul McCartney.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@angryprogrockbrony
Hey Genesis has some good and decent songs in the late 70’s and 80’s and Journey is not bad as others say they are. There’s more to rock than just prog rock, you know
I know that, and I do listen to a lot of bands that aren’t prog rock. When I said Journey was never good to begin with, I was talking about their early albums from before Steve Perry joined the band. I used to like AOR bands like Journey and Boston when I was a kid but not anymore (Kansas being the only exception).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide