Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Never thought that The Weeknd would top himself after his album “After Hours”, but I’m surprised because his newest one “Dawn FM” slaps. I like its more stripped back throwback style compared to the previous album which was more upbeat but I like both either way.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
This week marks the 50th anniversary of American Pie by Don McLean reaching number one on the Hot 100 and going on to become a classic folk and 70’s staple.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
What would one call the type of voice of singers like Holly Humberstone and Royal and the Serpent?
Like, maybe nasally but I don’t think that quite captures it.
Avril Lavigne had a bit of it too. I quite like it but have no idea how to accurately describe it.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
It’s really stupid that Neil Young is requesting to have all his music removed from Spotify just because of some disagreements with Joe Rogan. So what? People have different views towards the virus and the vaccine, doesn’t mean you should just ditch a platform just because of one guy, it’s so dumb.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think it’s more than just Rogan. He takes issue with the platform allowing so much virus misinformation on it.
Which is fair, any idiot that puppets misinformation that can directly lead to huge loss of life should be ostracized. There shouldn’t be a place for that anti-vax and “lets drink urine and take horse paste” shit.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy
I agree with Neil TBH. I wouldn’t want to share a platform with people spreading anti-vax misinformation either.
What I’m surprised about is that Spotify would rather lose Neil Young than confront this issue. Like, are the Joe Rogan bucks really that much?
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
I think it’s fair to say Spotify sees Joe Rogan as more of a priority creator than Neil Young. I think from the simple fact that his podcasts bring in huge numbers per episode, an estimated 11 million per episode. So for better or worse, people these days rather listen to Joe Rogan than listen to Neil Young’s music. To the powers that be, Neil Young is just a tadpole in the huge pond known as Spotify.
Now if it was someone like an Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber, BTS, Dua Lipa, The Weekend, etc. Who requested to pull their music on there, then that would be a problem for the company. Unfortunately, Neil Young isn’t in that upper echelon of most streamed artist on Spotify. So they can afford to cut their losses.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
I mean, I get his decision and all, but seeing as how other places like Youtube and Twitter and Facebook all have places that are also filled with anti-vaxxers and COVID misinformation, I don’t see Spotify as being anything different other than the fact that what is said here, Joe Rogan is one of the most popular content creators on the platform and whatever he says, people will follow and believe.
But at least his music is still up on Youtube so I can go there to listen to some Crazy Horse.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide