Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to BTS for their 4th number song with Permission To Dance, their fourth behind Dynamite, Life Goes On and Butter, which was the previous number one song before this one, meaning that they replaced themselves at the top spot, joining the likes of The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Donna Summer, Usher, Drake, Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber for this accomplishment.

@Myoozik  
I WAS RIGHT! My girl Dua Lipa was robbed! Also, what’s the point in releasing a new song when the previous hit is still popular when they know that the second song is gonna flop and the fans will go back to the first new one? Want to do The Beatles tactic really badly when they first hit it big in the US, huh? It honestly seems kinda sus. Not to mention that this new song is just painfully weak compared to Butter so what’s the point?
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

seventh layer of hair
Just went on a closer review of the new Eddie.

It’s definitely one of the most badass versions I’ve ever seen. I say it’s a tiebreaker between Somewhere In Time Eddie but not as good as TNOTB, Killers, Powerslave, and 7SOA7S.

full
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm  
Oh yeah she does, she incorporates many genres into her sounds like what Madonna did throughout her career as well. BTS from what i’ve heard just does K-pop and trap which isn’t bad but it is formulaic.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
On This Day

He wrote songs to heal and save millions from depression, anguish, and suicide. But in the end, he couldn’t save himself. RIP

full
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫

seventh layer of hair
My one-line take against those criticisms on Linkin Park’s previous and most poppiest album they’ve made and calling them a corporate sellout: EVOLUTION.

I mean what bothers me why do some people get upset at artists/bands when they shift away from their initial styles in genres and then overtime when they recollect back to their original roots, it’s a vice versa of the same fuming criticisms.
deactivated686beb

Evolution and selling out is pretty much expected of any artist that goes mainstream (or they remain obscure forever). We know Metallica fans didn’t give a shit about the Black Album, Load, and Reload, but I think Metallica first sold out with Ride The Lightning. For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, and Escape are more poppish and are nowhere near thrash metal. At some point the artist is going to change their sound, and when that happens, there will be controversy.

If changing your sound to something more commercial and poppish makes you a sellout, than you must admit that Genesis, Yes, Rush, and King Crimson (just listen to Heartbeat and Sleepless) all sold out in the 80s.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫

seventh layer of hair
I’m still theorizing whether the backlash and criticism from the One More Light album pushed Chester’s sanity down to the point of sucumbing to his lifelong depression.

People only minded the sound of the music but not the meaning of the lyrics which was pretty cold for them. I too whole-admittedly felt ashamed for hating that album the first time I heard it.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Personally, I’m still not fond of that album to this day, but I will say all the extreme vitriol to it at the time when he was at his breaking point was just not okay. It really shows the dark side of music critique.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide