Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Pop punk is getting revived in the popular music scene? I’m okay with this, not as good as 182 and 41 but I can work with this.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm  
That’s the norm for many one hit wonders, they may have one hit in the USA but have plenty of hits in other countries such as their own home countries. For example, T. Rex is known in the US for “Bang A Gong (Get It On)” but in their home country of England they were music superstars for their time with hit after hit.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik  
The Who even referenced them in the lyrics of their song “You Better You Bet”:

“I got your body right now on my mind  
But I drunk myself blind to the south of old T. Rex  
Mmm, to the sound of old T. Rex  
Oh, and Who’s Next
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Listening to Chumbawamba’s other songs, it’s crazy how a bunch of anarchist punks who sang about how governments are corrupt and how we should rise up to abolish them would go on to write radio friendly, polished songs with beer chant choruses.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve been going through a list of songs with animated music videos, and while I still think Starlight Brigade takes the top spot, Lone Digger by Caravan Palace is now up in the top 5.

Best I can describe it is “bar fight in Zootopia set to some cyber swing music”.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Myoozik  
No, look deeper.  
“Tubthumping” may be a song about getting piss-drunk, but it doesn’t portray doing that in a very positive light. Take the refrain of the song, for instance - “pissing the night away”. That implies that the act is a pointless endeavour that leads nowhere. It’s not some one-dimensional empowerment song like some pop music goers seem to think it is.

Indeed, the whole album is still chock full of sociopolitical commentary, such as on “The Good Ship Lifestyle”. It reflects a feeling of isolation often found in the human psyche. Not to mention, just about every song has soundclips and skits featuring speeches by revolutionaries and assorted deep thinkers.

Don’t underestimate a band on the basis of a more “streamlined” sound, Myooz. Especially one like Chumbawumba.

But here’s the thing: I guess if you really want to get your message out to the masses as a group, sometimes you just have to polish and dumb it down somewhat for the masses. It’s a sacrifice some are willing to take, like Lennon did with “Imagine”
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
My Top 10 Favorite Avenged Sevenfold songs:

1.) Strength Of The World  
2.) Save Me  
3.) I Won’t See You Tonight 1 & 2  
4.) Unbound (The Wild Ride)  
5.) A Little Piece Of Heaven  
6.) Second Heartbeat  
7.) Sidewinder  
8.) Critical Acclaim  
9.) Blinded In Chains  
10.) Gunslinger
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
My top 5 songs by AX7

5 A Little Peace in Heaven  
4 Almost Easy  
3 Buried Alive  
2 Afterife the full version  
1 The Stage
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm  
That’s a bit too in depth analysis for some band that’s no longer irrelevant, and I was just making a humorous observation.

But anyways, as far as I know, the band has left it up to interpretation about whether it plays the beer chant message straight or if it was intentionally created that way to make a subtle political statement. I just enjoy it for the way it is regardless of whatever message it conveys. Their earlier punk stuff is way too preachy for my tastes considering that I mostly disagree with their ideology, I think their later polished stuff made them a bit better and it conveys their message without being in your face about it.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Myoozik  
Sorry,guess I misunderstood you there. I do take the messages of music like that pretty seriously sometimes, but it is good enjoy stuff like that whether you agree with it or not. As for me, I can’t say I really do either, but their later musical output rocks hard anyway.

What do you mean by “no longer irrelevant” though? Are you saying they’re more relevant than before?
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm  
Best to not get overly defensive, I take music all in good fun, even the really powerfully driven stuff. Like I’m not an anarchist (Please don’t kill me Count Sear) and I would be all up for their message of corporations suck and how they only care about themselves and not anything else if it wasn’t very in my face about it like they were yelling at me with a megaphone up to my head.

I meant that in the sense of I don’t see a lot of people talk about them or their entire scope. Then again, I don’t see people talking about other influential one hit wonders like Gary Numan, Devo or The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Non-Fungible Trixie -

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Myoozik  
Whether they are relevant or not isn’t as important as simply digging the music. Enjoy the oldies.  
But at the same time, remember that people enjoy music in different ways. Some just want music to party to, some look for music that speaks to them more on an intellectual level… it’s all across the board. This goes for both of us really - People shouldn’t criticize each other for how they interpret a simple art form like music. You may be passionate about music, but I am too. And when I am passionate, I get wordy. That’s just how I am. Careful with words like “too in depth” next time and consider that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide