Music thread

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Spaceman’s been binging A7X as of lately and I love it.

Recommend you to listen to their recent album The Stage if you haven’t.

Waking The Fallen is also an underrated album because they were metalcore during the first two albums.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Since it’s Eurovision time, there’s this one Ukrainian song that’s making the rounds which sounds like a combination of rock and techno and I love it.
deactivated686beb

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Considering every possible melody or rhythm has been done before, it’s almost impossible to create a purely original song. The song you posted doesn’t even try to sound original. Sad But True isn’t even that good of a song (nothing off the Black Album is, at least in my opinion). I know most Metallica fans will agree that they sold out with the Black Album, but was Metallica even purely thrash to begin with? I think they sold out with Ride The Lightning.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Manerg

The combination of every known note in the western notation set alone has over several hundred billion possible permutations.

So, there’s still plenty of potential melodies. It’s just that a lot of the best combinations have been done already.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
A lot of recent artists keep dying in their early 80’s  
Is concerned  
Checks to see if Gordon Lightfoot is still alive  
Feels relieved  
Checks how old he is  
82 years old  
Oh no…
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

full  
Introduced my mom to this on Thursday. She ended up ordering it, and it arrived today, so she’s letting me borrow it to rip the songs.

@Myoozik  
Hopefully the legend will live on.
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
Best  
80s heavy metal thrash death disco pop  
70s anything classic  
60s classic rock  
00s Death Power and Black metal  
90s for nu Metal black death thrash and some pop bands hip hop  
10s Tech death Blacken Death Metal  
Current 20s black metal mostly
deactivated686beb

All decades have shit mainstream music but also a lot of great obscure music that nobody ever heard of. I’m sure there’s a lot of good music today. I just haven’t found it yet.

I think the 80s was when mainstream music started to suck, when progressive rock groups (or rock groups in general) started writing more radio-friendly music (even King Crimson did this to some extent). Then (some) “musicians” started using autotune, drum machines, and everything was done on a computer (no longer do they play instruments). They lost any sense of creativity or musicianship and are simply getting paid for doing nothing. How the fuck did artists like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift ever become famous?
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm  
Yeah basically. When it comes to me enjoying music, I don’t classify songs by decades, eras, genres and such, I just find what I like regardless of what year it’s from or how it sounds cause if it’s good to me, then I’ll like it.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I like 2000’s 2010’s best.

@Manerg  
How the fuck did “artists” like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift ever become famous?

Because people like them. You can’t claim they are not artists just because you dislike them.
deactivated686beb

@LightningBolt  
I must have put quotes in the wrong place. From what I’ve heard, Taylor Swift became famous for dating a bunch of famous men then breaking up with all of them to write songs about it. Justin Bieber just happened to win the lottery. That’s pretty much what it is now. Anyone could write a basic pop or rap song with the most explicit lyrics with no meaning, using excessive autotune and computers that generate all the sounds, and next thing you know, some elite finds this song and they become famous by doing nothing at all, whereas a talented musician who makes the music they want to make (without interference from record companies) will struggle to make it. Or actually, do these artists even write their own songs anymore?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide