Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Billboard was supposed to update its Top Ten today but nothing. I want to see Dua Lipa make it to number one, dammit!
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Todd, just don’t. Don’t you say that you like 100 gecs. Out of all the gen-z artists you had to mention you like, you mentioned those talentless hacks?
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
The entire Hot 100 got updated finally after some delay and Levitating didn’t reach number one. Shame cause I really like it and Dua Lipa herself, but at least Leave The Door Open went back to the top spot again.
deactivated686beb

@Count Adramélekh Sear

Zoomers have terrible attention spans. I bet most of them never listened to anything longer than 4 or 5 minutes (except maybe Bohemian Crapsody). I couldn’t imagine any of them listening to anything progressive except maybe Pink Floyd (and only one song by them). Most probably don’t even care about the music, they just like the artists looks or because they are popular and new.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I hate zoomers like that. As if their own music is better.

That’s how most people are regardless of age (people thought this of me when I was new here), but young people are the worst because they never even listened to any of the music and assume anything older than 6 months is shit, though a few of them claim 70s/80s/90s was better and today’s music is shit (the kids who think they were born in the wrong generation) even though they were not around back then and would go insane without the internet, which didn’t exist until the 90s.

I don’t think all new music is terrible, but I do think all the mainstream music is terrible. People chose to listen to terrible music, or rather, people were only exposed to terrible music. Unless you sign with a major record label and the big corporations that control the entire industry decide they want people to listen to you, you will not get very far. It’s all controlled by a small group of elites. Always has been, always will. That is one reason I gave up on making music a long time ago.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
It’s a shame that Ten Years After is a one hit wonder, they had some great chops for an early 70’s hippie rock band
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm  
I guess people were too busy with their Carpenters and John Denvers and Three Dog Nights to really give them a fair chance. But hey, at least their big hit, “I’d Love To Change The World”, is a great tune and really makes you ponder about the state of the world.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Myoozik  
Now, to be sure, they were actually as much a late 60s band as they were an early 70s band. Perhaps even more so the former.  
Their debut album was released in 1967 shortly after the Summer Of Love, so they were already increasingly more popular among hippie-ish rock crowds. At least, in the UK. I guess it wasn’t really until Woodstock that Americans really began to discover them
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide