Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame doesn’t care about rock and roll. It’s all just a bunch of big wig executives and critics patting each other on the back.
deactivated686beb

@TheHappySpaceman  
critics who seem to hate prog rock so much that they never even considered nominating King Crimson despite them being one of the most influential rock groups of all time. Inexcusable.

The trash music hall of fame (what it should be called) should not exist. Nobody should listen to these “experts”. Rolling Stone magazine is a joke.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Manerg  
Yup. The RRHF is run largely by music critics, who have never liked metal or prog, which is why metal and prog bands keep getting passed up for induction.

I actually really approve of the RRHF in concept. We should have a way of introducing younger people to the beautiful and diverse genre that is rock, plus museums are fun. But the RRHF, as it’s currently set up, isn’t the way to go, in part largely because it doesn’t have any actual rock musicians on its voting board. Also why the hell is it in Cleveland Ohio??
deactivated686beb

@TheHappySpaceman  
If it was just a museum (should be in St. Louis or Memphis) that would be fine. It’s the hall of fame and inductions that shouldn’t exist. Regardless of whose doing the nominating, good artists will always be left out because someone didn’t like them.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
It’s a shame instrumentals died out by the 80’s, I think that pieces of music by themselves can be just as good and popular as those with lyrics and vocal tracks. Listening to the old TV themes from Mike Post and the Miami Vice theme is what’s making me reevaluate this change.
deactivated686beb

@Myoozik  
I wouldn’t say they died out, maybe became irrelevant. There’s still a lot of good instrumental groups from the 90s and today. Ozric Tentacles and Liquid Tension Experiment are both good, though they might not be the kind of instrumentals you’re talking about. By the way, what are your favorite instrumentals?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Manerg  
I know that there are still being made, I say “die out” in terms of popularity and on Billboard. I like any and all instrumentals but ones that I do like are classical pieces, some 50’s rockabilly, 60’s instrumental groups like The Ventures and Booker T. And The MG’s, old TV show themes from Mike Post and a few EDM songs. Oh and “Eruption” by Van Halen because you can’t go wrong with that one.
deactivated686beb

@Myoozik  
Eruption is good, but not one of my favorites.  
I like instrumentals from Univers Zero, Ozric Tentacles. King Crimson’s instrumentals are amazing (recommend every part of Larks’ Tongues in Aspic, Red, Discipline, Sailor’s Tale, and my personal favorite, Fracture). Theme One by George Martin is good (Van Der Graaf Generator did a cover), so is Beck’s Bolero (Jeff Beck), Abbadon’s Bolero (Emerson Lake and Palmer), and The Dance of Eternity (Dream Theater, has over 100 time signature changes in just 6 minutes).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide