Music thread

Background Pony #CA33
@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Didn’t knew such day was created for that band, still I welcome it.

I thought today was an album’s anniversary, which reminds me this June the live album No Sleep ’Till Hammersmith will be 40 years and will be an expanded release of unheard performances from different shows.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
I march before a martyred world  
An army for the fight  
I speak of great heroic days  
Of victory and might  
I hold a banner drenched in blood  
I urge you to be brave  
I lead you to your destiny  
I lead you to your grave  
Your bones will build my palaces  
Your eyes will stud my crown  
For I am Mars, the God of War  
And I will cut you down”
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
Warriors in battle  
All dressed in black  
A slash and a thrust  
A stab in the back

• From “Soldiers Of Metal” by Anthrax

A nursery rhyme for tr00 metal children

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
    I don’t currently know any more pop artists who’ve completely embraced metal, but that would be some really interesting research (if it happened) or news (if it will happen in future)
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
I’ve been listening to reissues of Cardiacs’ albums “The Seaside” and “Songs for Ships and Irons.”

full

full

This band’s songs… One second they’re going in one direction, then not long after, they’ve flipped the tables on you, then they do it again. They do unexpected things.

Sometimes, they play around with time signatures and Hemiola, like in R.E.S.

I was listening to the 2003 Rehearsal version of Visiting Hours, and it started like a 70s Prog Rock song, then I didn’t know what the heck was going on, then the lyrics started. Then it relaxes out, then it goes back into chaos and concern. It then ends in a way I didn’t know songs could end. Then, Tim ends up barking at his brother in his fake bullying antics at the end.

Sometimes, you might wonder what the hell you watched and heard, like in Tarred and Feathered, which, the music changes multiple times before it’s over.

Then if you’re like me, you’re curious of the band the first day, and you might fall asleep and dreaming of one of the band members who gets mad at you for whatever reason you don’t really know, and makes you feel bad, because you asked what his name is. Why am I still interested in them? But yet, I am.

Oh, and they did a cover song once. It was Suzannah’s Still Alive, and it’s an upbeat and playful sounding cover compared to the original.
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Iron Maiden got snubbed into the Rock and roll hall of fame by Jay Z what a joke they deserve it not Jay Z he is rap and rap doesn’t fit in the Rock and Roll hall of fame that’s my opinion it’s a joke of a hall of fame put them Motorhead and Judas Priest next time stop adding rap what’s next adding Taylor Swift that would of been stupid if they add her
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Dashie41 YT

I mean, if we are going to get technical, the thing hasn’t been strictly rock since its inception. Just in the first three years, they had Sam Cooke, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, The Supremes and Marvin Gaye. although they definitely were influential, none of them can be considered to be primarily rock artists (even if Brown did put out a psychedelic rock album once).

It makes more sense if you see it as more of a “Rhythm and Blues and derivative forms Hall of Fame”. on that metric, including rappers makes sense, because ultimately, hip-hop is derived from Rhythm and Blues too.

Of course, this still means the name is disingenuous, but in any case, the people behind the selection proccess are not thinking on technical terms and tend to be biased against metal and progressive rock, to boot.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide