Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm  
It definitely feels like The Wall of metal, doesn’t it? Even the opening part of “Eyes of a Stranger” sounds a bit like the riff from “Empty Spaces.” Kind of makes me wish we got a proper OMC movie like The Wall. Alas.

Incidentally, I played that song on my radio show a few weeks back when my best friend Sean was listening, and I finally got him to listen to the full album after years of trying to get him into it. He now loves it. :D

@SNESChalmers  
Damn good question. There are so many fantastic songs on the album. “Suite Sister Mary,” “Revolution Calling,” the title track, “Spreading the Disease,” “I Don’t Believe in Love,” “The Mission,” “Breaking the Silence”… but honestly, “Eyes of a Stranger” is probably my favorite. It’s so damn good.

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Well, that’s certainly an uncommon opinion. But not wrong, by any means. Empire is a very good album, although I feel it’s slightly less cohesive than OMC.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Mellow Rhythm
It definitely feels like The Wall of metal, doesn’t it? Even the opening part of “Eyes of a Stranger” sounds a bit like the riff from “Empty Spaces.” Kind of makes me wish we got a proper OMC movie like The Wall. Alas.

Yeah. All people got really was a music video compilation way back in the tail end of the 80s. And today it might be even less likely, since Geoff Tate’s split from the band. That was already, what, like 8 years ago?  
Brah…
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Wait, so you mean to tell me that there’s more to Barry Manilow than just slow piano ballads? Why didn’t anyone tell me? His other upbeat stuff is actually really legit.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
“Gethsemane (I Only Want To Say)” is a particularly infamous song from the musical Jesus Christ Superstar because of the difficulty to perform the vocal part. And while there have been many good singers take this part, like Ted Neely and Steve Balsamo, I still have to hand it to the OG, Deep Purple’s Ian Gillan, who hits every note while pouring all his emotion into the performance.

(Special highlight to the part from 2:26-2:38, which was apparently ad-libbed by Gillan and became the standard for future performances of the song.)
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m empirically and lyrically gifted.

Got so much bars, you thought I was convicted.

A criminal by name and a criminal by mind.

My favorite show by far; watch it on DVR because I’m behind.
Background Pony #CA33
@TheHappySpaceman  
I guess so… but I do know that spanish rendition is very popular among hispanics, you ask someone that knows Camilo Sesto and starts to mention his hits and Getsemaní probably be in their list.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide