Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So Skid Row’s album United World Rebellion: Chapter Three was originally set to release in 2015, but was pushed back to 2016, and was last reported to be released in 2019.
Only a few days left in the year, so they’d better get to releasing it fast!

Hey, I just realized: United World Rebellion: Chapter Three is the Avatar 2 of Skid Row albums!
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@pixel  
True, LOL.

@Broken Adam  
I don’t see what the band’s popularity has to do with anything. The joke I believe Pixel was trying to make was about how long the album is being delayed, not the popularity of the band in question.

Though yes, Skid Row should definitely be way more popular than they are.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Broken Adam  
Okay, yes, it is incredibly crappy that they kicked out Sebastian Bach. And it seems that Rachel Bolan’s ego is the only thing keeping Skid Row from having a proper reunion, since Seb has said that he wants to rejoin and original drummer Rob Affuso has also said that he won’t rejoin without Seb.

Still, those first two albums are amazing and deserve more recognition than they get.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
They even opened for Kiss eventually making that shit fucking pointless , Metallica alienated their own fans out of respect for Lou Reed yet These assholes think they are too good to open for the Band made the Genre that they came from as big as it is?

And isn’t the first album still respected among metalheads? At least by Hair Metal standards they are seen as closer to Def Leppard than Poison and the several copycats of that era
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Broken Adam  
…Kiss isn’t glam metal, though. They emerged an entire decade before the scene even existed.

Erm, IDK about Skid Row’s first album. I know it’s certainly more well-known than the follow-up, Slave to the Grind (which I personally feel is superior), but I mostly only ever hear “18 and Life.”
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
Kiss discovered Van Halen, that kinda was what I was referring to

And 80’s Kiss albums which are completely hated by Kiss fans had them try that style ,they even tried a Grunge album afterwards….

Most Kiss fans prefer to pretend that anything they did after the 70’s doesn’t exist for a reason
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@TheHappySpaceman
Kiss discovered Van Halen, that kinda was what I was referring to

Really? Didn’t know that, huh.  
And 80’s Kiss albums which are completely hated by Kiss fans had them try that style

Yeesh, ’80s Kiss…

The best thing to come out of Kiss in the ‘80s was Eric Carr, who was a superior drummer to his predecessor, Peter Criss. It’s a shame that their music rarely let him show off those skills–and that Paul and Gene trash-talked him after his death.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I hope at least one of Harry Style’s songs becomes a hit next year, his current work is pretty damn good with his Robin Thicke-ish type throwback style, though I hope his attitude doesn’t turn out to be like him.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Yep, just as I thought, the Christmas songs got a big boost this week because of Christmas Day. Next week is when they’ll start dropping like flies and we’ll finally see what would be the first number one song of the 2020’s. My money is on Memories by Maroon 5, Roxanne by Arizona Zervas, Dance Monkey by Tones & I or Blinding Lights by The Weeknd.
Don't

Get up and Jump
The anger over the Billboard top 10 Rock songs of the decade is pointless  
For one it’s literally a list about commercial success in Radio and Sales , why get angry about it?
Don't

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
Most of them are Indie Pop, or in The case of Lumineers Indie Folk , and Billboard for some reason doesn’t know on which chart to put these bands so they put them in the Rock Chart

They should have created a new Chart for these bands as early as MGMT’s debut a decade ago , or even back when Pumped up Kicks became a hit, but they even put Lorde in the Rock Chart for some fucking reason and by then it was clear that they gave up on actual Rock

Although in the case of Portugal the Man they do seem Kinda Rock, just more in the weird modern psychedelic pop genre that Tame Impala made popular
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide