Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
Rock will never be dead, not for a long time at least. 50s Rock is dead, but not the genre as a whole. Old rockers die, new rockers are born. Rock is still alive despite being not as popular as it once was and old rockers dying. Metal isn’t dead either. It’s just obscure now.
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah I’d be more concerned about physical media and even digital purchases being dead than music genres being dead. Vinyls are more popular than they were 20 years ago, CDs are still around, but most people prefer to stream everything nowadays. I still like to collect albums that I like because I don’t need the internet nor do I need to subscribe to streaming services like Spotify that could go down or remove songs and albums at anytime.
Prog Rock is still around today even though it faded into obscurity in the late 70s, though it did sort of come back in the 90s and 2000s with bands like Tool and Dream Theater. Metal is still around even though it’s not the same as it was back in the 80s and over the past 25 years has been overrun by nu metal, metalcore, and hard rock bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed which aren’t even good.
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Bruuuuvh the legacy of the genre like rock, metal, etc will still remain for as long as people of all generations and generations to come still know and remember it even if the pioneers, or the last pioneer of that said revolutionary genre has died.
Jhuzzayin’.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Everyone who replied to me
I meant the old rock n roll from the 50’s, I’m not talking about rock as a whole…
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Hey, stupid question but to all of you rock guys out there, would it be too jarring if you saw a guy performing rock music but it was just him on stage with a guitar/keyboard, and a backing track providing the rest of his instrumentals (bass, drums, etc.)?
I was thinking of playing live as Dark Matter again, but I don’t have band members yet and am still looking for them, so I was thinking that using backing instrumentals could be a temporary solution, but I don’t know if I could get away with that since I’ve only usually seen people do that if they’re electronica or hip-hop acts, not usually rock acts.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah, I getcha. Once I have more permanent bandmates, I’ll start performing live with a band, but in the meantime, many of my songs are too complex for me to play without backing instrumentals, hence the need for either a band or backing tracks.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
Listened to the entirety of New Radicals only album, Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed, Too and it’s a pretty good album. My favorite track that isn’t their only You Get What You Give was In Need Of A Miracle and my least favorite was the title track. I would’ve have minded if they continued and released a followup.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Since one of the biggest hits of this year is an old song from the 80’s which got revived because of it featured on a TV show, I hope that ToddInTheShadows does a One Hit Wonderland episode on “Do You Love Me” by The Contours. It was a number 3 hit in 1962, but after it was featured on Dirty Dancing, it charted again and peaked at number 11 in 1988.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Taylor Swift for her 9th number one song with “Anti-Hero”. All right behind “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”, “Shake It Off”, “Blank Space”, “Bad Blood”, “Look What You Made Me Do”, “Cardigan”, “Willow” and “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version)”. Also congrats for being the first ever artist to occupy the entire top 10 with songs from her most recent album.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
Taylor Swift is the luckiest artist of all time. She isn’t talented and she’s not a good songwriter, yet somehow she just happened to become the biggest artist over the past 20 years. I’ve heard much worse artists, but her fans and her greed made me never want to listen to her music.
Popularity doesn’t really matter to me but I had been around Swift fans before that wouldn’t shut up about how they think she’s the greatest of all time because of her looks, image, and popularity which have nothing to do with the music.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman
If you listen to the stuff that Gregg Alexander wrote for other artists, which I have, it’s clear that they could’ve continued and released a followup, cause he’s a great songwriter, him and Danielle BriseBois who was also in the band.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide