Music thread

LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
I guess I can post it here since it’s music related. Some instruments I own. Here’s a guitar and a Italian tamburello tammorra
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah. It is pretty neat. I have listened to his other music and he just recently came out with an album. So i am familiar with him. Pretty excited to see his performance.
Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
I don’t agree on a lot of things with people but at least I actually enjoy music. I could have been one of those people like everyone else who just listens to whatever is popular right now, judge artists by their looks, image, and popularity as opposed to their music, and only listen to whatever the top songs on Spotify are instead of full albums. If I was like that, I wouldn’t be on here right now. If I didn’t care about music and only listened to what sounded mainstream, I’d probably be listening to Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar right now and the bands I do listen to I either would hate or would have never heard of.
I never understood popular music, not even when I was a child. I listened to some of it, but I never could enjoy it. I always thought classic rock, heavy metal, and progressive rock were better and far more interesting to listen to than a rap song or a pop song with extreme repitition, the most basic beats, and meaningless lyrics (honestly I never really paid attention to lyrics that much unless they were cringe).
I remember listening to Kansas for the first time when I was a child. I liked Carry on Wayward Son (which isn’t one of my favorites btw), but then I heard some of their deep cuts and thought those were so much better. I thought to myself “Wow! Lightning’s Hand is great. Why isn’t it more popular?”. The older I got I realized popularity doesn’t really matter as long as I can listen to the music. Not long before I heard Kansas I heard King Crimson for the first time.
I won’t be on here much longer (though knowing me, I can never be sure about that since I keep coming back, kind of like how King Crimson kept breaking up over the years and coming back later on) and I’m done uploading art. Is anyone here glad I even made an account here? I could have just remained a background pony that blindly insulted bands like Toto, Genesis (Phil Collins era), or Queen (post-1976), or worse, I could have been another one of those pop fans that refused to listen to anything that isn’t mainstream.
But yeah it’s good to see that a lot of people still care about music instead of judging artists by how they look and how mainstream they are, not saying that all mainstream music is bad, but most of it is and whether an artist is mainstream or not shouldn’t be taken into consideration.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
If I didn’t care about music and only listened to what sounded mainstream, I’d probably be listening to Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar right now and the bands I do listen to I either would hate or would have never heard of.
Those are at least minimally decent - you could do even worse, depending on the place you lived in.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mildgyth
Kendrick Lamar isn’t terrible. I did listen to To Pimp a Butterfly a couple years before I joined Derpibooru but don’t remember much except it was just average at best, though I never could get into rap music. Taylor Swift I can’t stand. Her fans bothered me to the point to where I won’t even try her music anymore (kind of like how I used to bother GrapefruitFace about King Crimson and Peter Gabriel era Genesis being better than Toto and Phil Collins era Genesis, but Taylor Swift fans were worse than I ever was) and I hear she’s kinda greedy. I heard a few of her songs a while ago including Shake it Off (I can’t stand the lyric “haters gonna hate”) and they’re all not that good. Honestly she’s more overrated as fuck than downright awful.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Say what you want about the Doors, but you gotta give them credit for writing a seven-minute song called “Light My Fire” and never once rhyming the word “fire” with “desire.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide