Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
50 years ago around this time, a little rock band from Los Angeles released their debut album and gave us the singles Take It Easy, Witchy Woman and Peaceful Easy Morning. While the album sold well and was well received by critics, they wouldn’t get their dues until 5 years later when they released “Hotel California” and established them as music legends. Not to downplay the three albums between that period though, they’re also great records.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik
Ah, the Eagles! While I was never a huge fan of them for how soft they often were, I can appreciate their significance in the development of rock and country-rock. Plus they did have a lot of songs that I do like.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Speaking of the Eagles, we all know Hotel California (their most well-known song), which uses an uncommon chord progression which they took from Jethro Tull. Listen to Hotel California and We Used to Know and notice the similarities (this isn’t plagiarism by the way, it’s just the same chord sequence).
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I just discovered that there is apparently still a really big thriving glam metal scene… in Sweden.
I’m not kidding. Apparently that country must have never gotten the alternative revolution like we did, because there are a shit ton of glam metal bands from there. H.E.A.T makes so much more sense now.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Now that the album bombs are almost done, the charts can finally go back to normal. Also, congrats to Kate Bush for having her hit “Running Up That Hill” return to the Top 10 thanks to Stranger Things.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Fuck nu-metal.
This.
I never liked bands like Slipknot, Korn, also those metalcore bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentine, also Rammstein, Five Finger Death Punch, and Killswitch Engage. Are any of those bands even metal? I don’t think they are.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Badheart
Yeah I didn’t waste my money on it but I did listen to some many years ago and it all kinda sucked. I couldn’t get into it like I could get into actual metal bands like Metallica, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and others. Honestly most metal kinda sucks in my opinion (except for 70s metal, some 80s bands that aren’t hair metal, a few thrash metal bands, doom metal, progressive metal, maybe power metal).
What do you consider real music?
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Badheart
Is that some metal band?
Whether something is “real music” is completely subjective and what i’d consider real music someone else might not, but we all already knew that. I could never get into modern pop music. I don’t care how an artist looks or how popular they are, but I feel like many people do. I think most of the music blogs, websites, media like Rolling Stone and WatchMojo is bullshit (a lot of people do). I think a lot of the big rock bands including Pink Floyd (no, they are not the ultimate prog rock band people make them out to be), Queen, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath (Deep Purple was just as influential), AC/DC, and Rush are overrated, but I don’t have to listen to them (not saying I don’t because I have listened to all of them and still listen to some of them occasionally).
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Badheart
I was into AC/DC when I was young and bought two albums but I haven’t really listened to them in years. If all their songs didn’t sound the same I’d be more interested in their music.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide