Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I listen to albums on YouTube, and then if I love them enough to revisit them multiple times, I buy them on CD, assuming the CD isn’t out of print.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I just use Spotify and Youtube because of convenience. I don’t have a way to download songs or rip them to MP3’s and honestly, it seems like too much work for me.
Yeah can the page like not break on me?
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
I usually take to using youtube and downloading the stuff i like if it seems rare enough - you never know when the only video of it might get taken down or plain just stop working.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
(Moved from the What Are You Listening To thread)
I was listening to Def Leppard’s new album, “Diamond Star Halos”, a few hours ago. Altogether not bad!
Here are my fave tracks from the aforementioned Lep album I’ve been listening to, followed by my full assessment:
  • Take What You Want
  • Kick
  • Fire It Up
  • Liquid Dust
  • Gimme A Kiss
  • From Here To Eternity (Not to be confused with the Iron Maiden track. Deep and dark track though. Very cool)
    Honourable Mention: SOS Emergency
There we go. That’s what I call “trimming the fat”! :D
Good album, but not really what I’d call a barnstormer like 2015’s “Def Leppard”. The headbangers are pretty few and far between, but there are some tasty, crunchy and meaty licks here and there, as you’d expect from the band, as well as their signature intricate production style, and some fascinating glam rock influences throughout (I’ve long been a fan of that subgenre, so I can identify with the Leps in that), alongside a well-studied poplike sensibility. 6½/10
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
I remember a while ago I asked you all what was the darkest album you’ve ever heard and someone said Everywhere at the End of Time by The Caretaker. I haven’t listened to the entire album (and definitely not in one sitting considering it’s 6 1/2 hours long and I don’t know of any albums half as long as that), but after hearing a short excerpt (and by short, I mean 5-10 minutes), I feel like this makes the music of King Crimson and VDGG (I thought that was dark and depressing), the music i’m used to hearing look like the most joyful, uplifting, happy music i’ve ever heard. I don’t think anything else comes close.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

I’m on a Portishead binge at the moment. I’ve known about them for a while and listened to Dummy before, but just this past week I listened to their other two albums and just fell in love with them.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
In April 2018, Eddie Money confirmed in a Rolling Stone interview that he said the line “Her tits were shakin’ in the middle of the night” in his 1982 hit song “Shakin’.” He died just over a year later.
Dude was really like:
-Slips “tits” into a song
-Song becomes a huge hit
-Only confirms that he said “tits” over 30 years later
-Refuses to elaborate
-Immediately dies
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Got tickets to Whitesnake’s farewell tour. They’re coming to an open air amphitheater in my hometown.
Taking my mom as a little gift to her since Whitesnake was one of the first bands she saw in concert as a teen.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
…I hate to say it, but the new Muse song, “Will of the People,” just sounds like the Glee version of “The Beautiful People.”
That’s… a bad sign. Especially when this is the title track of the new album. And I say this as a longtime fan of Muse, who has seen them three times live and owns all their albums from 1999-2015–they are up their own ass with the conspiracy BS.
Like, Matt, I love you, you’re a musical genius. But please write songs about something else.
Now I know how Styx fans must have felt when they released Kilroy Was Here. This and Simulation Theory are Muse going through their Kilroyification.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@TheHappySpaceman
It may not be one of their absolute classics, but I kinda like the glam rockish stomp throughout it. And the music video direction is quite cool.
Which brings me to the other day: Def Leppard is a very glam-influenced band, and it shows on their recent Diamond Star Halos albums. It has some good songs, but it could have used more of the “bite” that the Lep’s music was, and still is, capable of. I can’t name a single straight-up metallic song on it, despite some moments still in the hard rockish vein.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@TheHappySpaceman
Muse is absolutely a parody of itself at this point (and probably has been for a while). I like to imagine they’re having fun with being over-the-top corny, so I just try to shut my brain off and have fun with new Muse. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn’t. The first single was good, the second was awful, and this one on first listen seems alright. Would be best if they tried writing something other than 1984 fan music though.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Litrojia
Yeah. I mean, Muse didn’t always write 1984 fan music. Their output from 1999-2010 (aid even argue it lasted until 2012) had some of that, but a lot of lyrics about other topics. Yet it seems like since Drones, Matt doesn’t know how to write much else besides that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide