Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
What are some good bands that aren’t progressive rock or heavy metal? I know I said I listen to a lot of music other than prog rock a few days ago, correction, I have listened to a lot of music other than prog rock, i’m not necessarily listening to much now. If anything, i’ve been listening to the same 4-5 bands (King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator, and Gentle Giant being three of them) I usually listen to.
But what are some other bands you think I might like (bands that aren’t prog nor metal, the two main genres I listen to)? I really should try out some other genres (I might have posted about this many months ago).
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Myoozik
Pretty much anything that isn’t pop, rap, or country, preferably Classical, Jazz, Orchestra, Folk, or really anything 70s prog rock and metal bands took from. I’m looking for both old and new artists (since I rarely listen to anything made after 1990 and i’m not really big into popular rock and metal bands from the 90s and beyond, except maybe Dream Theater). I’m sure there’s a lot of great rock and metal bands from the past 25 years, but I’ve never heard of them, mainly because i’m too focused on listening to the same bands over and over again, all of which were from the 70s.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Don’t know if Spaceman knows about this, but I found out that in 1985, an anti-apartheid protest and charity song called “Sun City” became huge and raised money for some anti-apartheid projects.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@angryprogrockbrony
Yeah, limiting yourself to the same bands/artists isn’t a good thing and will severely limit your music taste
There have been years where I did explore a lot of music I hadn’t listened to before but there are also years where I mostly just listen to the same artists over and over again, and i’ve pretty much gotten to that point since i’ve already listened to every major prog rock band of the 60s and 70s (except Frank Zappa and the mothers of invention).
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Listening to all of the singles discography of A Flock Of Seagulls, these guys were pretty good. Their early 80’s synth stuff was not bad and worth checking out, with my favorite being Space Age Love Song. Their stuff after 1985 was not too good though and the two songs they released in the 90’s were passable. I think these guys should’ve had a more successful career, I could see them being rivals to Duran Duran if they’re too polished and poppy for your tastes.
@Mellow Rhythm
Same, that’s my favorite Neil Diamond song
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
I remember when hip hop in the 80s and 90s was the s.it and now look at it most of it are bad like crap rap i don’t care about it like WWE with Def Rebel it sucks.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide