Music thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

What’s an album you want to like more than you do, and what’s an album you wish you could experience again for the first time?
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@DerpyFast

An album I’d want to like more? Some Stevie Ray Vaughan album. I know he was technically talented, but I’m often bored listening.

At the moment, I don’t have an album I’d like to hear over again the first time.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Honestly, I don’t get why people hate Styx. Is it because they turned into Queen knockoffs, is it because of Dennis DeYoung’s voice, is it from their instrumentations and the structure of their songs? I find them to be a pretty serviceable band, not the best of the 70’s or early 80’s.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Justin Bieber for his 5th number one song with “Peaches” featuring Daniel Caesar & Giveon. His fifth right behind “What Do You Mean”, “Sorry”, “Love Yourself” ans “Stuck With U” with Ariana Grande.

I haven’t listened to the song yet but I’m hearing good things about it but either way, Bieber needs to chill. For the past 6 or so months, he’s just been issuing single after single after single way before his album drops, and he needs to calm down before he suffers from burn out. It would make much more sense if he releases two songs before the album and then release the songs individually cause it’s not like his relevancy is on the line, he’s one of the few veterans of the early 2010’s to still be at the top.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I know Todd hates the band and doesn’t like Dennis’s voice while I’ve seen others bash their songs like Lady, Babe and their Kilroy Was Here album.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

To answer my own question, I really wanted to like “Third Stage” by Boston. It’s a concept album about going into space, so it should be my favourite thing ever, but it just doesn’t do it for me.

“Cool The Engines” is a banger, however.

I’d love to experience “Quadrophenia” again for the first time, especially considering I have a surround sound system now.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
I saw a video called The 10 Most Hated Songs of the 70’s and while it is a bit rough around the edges with some of its entries, it does raise some decent complaints about the songs. However, the thing that I do hate is the comment section where you have all these geezers and elitists giving the guy shit over the selections and because of how young how he was and letting the nostalgia filter poison their rational thinking. Not to mention that many were being hypocritical and saying that the selections are better than today’s music and having those agree with him (which yeah right, saying that Muskrat Love and Disco Duck is better than today’s music is just nonsense) yet when someone criticizes their music, they get all triggered and defensive. I think it’s shit like that which makes me glad that I don’t take these old farts and their music opinions seriously.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Mixolydian: Chill major  
Dorian: Chill minor  
Lydian: Spicy major  
Phrygian: Spicy minor  
Locrian: We don’t talk about Locrian
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
So I just discovered Tom McDonald and he’s basically a white and tattooed Hopsin, rapping about the truth and criticizing the state of the world yet it’s so preachy. I don’t know if I should like his music or not.
Background Pony #4442
you get me?

Maybe? White Pegacorn - Barack Your World

@TheHappySpaceman  
Best opening line in any song?

Unsure, but here is what I have got:

@Myoozik  
I wonder if history will look kindly on nu-metal

Sure the tastemakers will likely not change their darn minds,

@Moonatik  
Post your worst musical opinions

Hate towards non-metal, non-punk and non-rock music is justified.

@Moonatik  
Really? His decisions are not all that bad. At least he is not living in ghost towns or something.

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
How about it: Should Linkin Park hire a replacement of Chester, or should the band just rename themselves, or should they disband and found themselves with their own new form of musical styles? or etc.

Out of these options, they can disband and pursue their own endeavors. Aside from the options, I vouch that they keep their name and do instrumentals only from now on. Their instrumentals are quite good, here: Malathion+Tritonus, A.06 & Pale

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Okay, Crypteria >D. If you cannot see the “video”, try downloading the video with a downloader like YTD Video Downloader and play offline through a video player like VLC Media Player.

@Myoozik  
what other songs have “black hole” in the title?

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole, Teenage Wrist - Earth Is A Black Hole & Dark Matter - Black Hole are examples.

@Myoozik  
people usually don’t care about what felonies they commit

How oblivious this statement is, pedophilia and child molestation aside.

@DerpyFast  
Easy question to answer. My answer is Tribal Ink’s Surrounded By Freaks

@DerpyFast  
As of now, it is Deus Ex Main Title.

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Give me a singer who sings like an angel and screams like a demon.

Definitely travel back in time and stop Christopher Cornell’s death so you can get the singer you want. Anyway, Matthew Kiichichaos Heafy is my offering! I am assuming the description is referring to Howard Jones. I’m not sure.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Lil Nas X for his second number one song with “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”. His second song to hit number one after “Old Town Road”. Controversy over the music video aside, the song isn’t that special to me, sounds too similar to his previous song “Holiday”, when that song wasn’t that good to begin with. I honestly think he was better when he was leaning more towards OTR and the country trap style.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide