Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@pixel  
Yeah, Iggy Poop and the Stodges. ;)

I guessed the same thing for Sparks. “Crocus” is obviously Krokus, I think “Klesh” is supposed to be The Clash, and The Sticks are… Styx? “Violence and vandalism” Freaking where in Styx’s discography?!
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Cardi B for her fourth number one song with “Up”, her other three being “Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)”, “I Like It” with Bad Bunny & J. Balvin and “WAP” feat. Megan Thee Stallion. Admittedly, it’s too repetitive for me, reminds me of the Megan song which is just as repetitive and annoying.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@TheHappySpaceman

Yes, I can recommend a few. However, I’m not sure what you listened to so far, but they changed from album to album. There is no closely defined “XTC Sound” aside from their tendency to frequently use strange guitar chords, and the prominent (and sometimes melodic) bass parts. Andy’s vocals are hit or miss with people, Colin’s are more radio-friendly.

They toured from 1977 - April 3 1982. They were gigging with Talking Heads in the start of 1978, and with The Police in 1980.

You’re probably best starting with one or two unofficial live albums that should be released; they have a good selection of songs from their 1979 - 1982 material.

1981 - April - 17, at Emerald City in New Jersey.

Great show, perhaps one of the best. They were getting good here. 1977 - 1978 shows were young, 1979 - 1980 shows were “good” but not outstanding (generally.) This concert, though, stands out as perhaps being their best pre- English Settlement concert.

1982 - March - 8, at The Paradiso in Amsterdam.

Best recorded live show (that I’ve heard) from their cut short English Settlement tour in 1982. Not as energetic as the previous show, but that’s the nature of these songs.

These 2 links go to Archive.org. If you want to listen, you have to go under “Download Options/Flac” to hear.

If you want to hear the actual albums, here are my top recommendations:

Drums & Wires (1979) - 3rd Album. Post-Punk, “New Wave.” Some lyrics start getting dark here.  
English Settlement (1982) - 5th Album. Has some societal criticisms.  
Skylarking (1986) - 8th Album. This is generally a poppy, positive-sounding album. Not completely, though.  
Nonsvch (1992) - 10th album. A slow one, but a worthy listen, IMHO.

I suggest you stay away from the 2001 remaster versions of XTC albums; they’re usually thought of as poor re-releases.

And TBH, the concerts I linked to might sound better than the albums in some ways. I don’t think “Real by Reel” sounds near as energetic in album, for example.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
1980 comes

Rock: New year, new me!  
Pop: Yep!  
Metal: Hell yeah!  
Soul: Aw yeah, baby!  
Disco: What about me?  
Other genres: We don’t even know who you are…
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
All of Metallica’s Hot 100 songs:

One (1989, Hot 100 Peak: #35)  
Enter Sandman (1991, Hot 100 Peak: #16)  
The Unforgiven (1992, Hot 100 Peak: #35)  
Nothing Else Matters (1992, Hot 100 Peak: #34)  
Wherever I May Roam (1992, Hot 100 Peak: #82)  
Sad But True (1993, Hot 100 Peak: #98)  
Until It Sleeps (1996, Hot 100 Peak: #10) [Highest Charting Song]  
Hero Of The Day (1996, Hot 100 Peak: #60)  
King Nothing (1997, Hot 100 Peak: #90)  
The Memory Remains (1997, Hot 100 Peak: #28)  
The Unforgiven II (1998, Hot 100 Peak: #59)  
No Leaf Clover w/ The San Francisco Symphony (1999, Hot 100 Peak: #74)  
I Disappear (2000, Hot 100 Peak: #76)  
The Day That Never Comes (2008, Hot 100 Peak: #31)  
My Apocalypse (2008, Hot 100 Peak: #67)  
Cyanide (2008, Hot 100 Peak: #50)
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Gorillaz doing NFTs when their slogan used to be “Reject False Icons” and they made a whole-ass album about the destruction of the environment proves that we live in the worst timeline.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Man, between Daft Punk breaking up and Gorillaz selling out, 2021 is really doing a number on my teenage music heroes.

I guess all we need now is for Muse to break up or do something stupid for the trio to be complete(ly ruined)…
Background Pony #B18E
@DerpyFast  
Mine are the following, in no particular order  
  1. There’s a place for us  
  2. Lifelight  
  3. Light of Hope  
  4. Make them gold
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
Top 5  
5 Dream Theater Pull me Under  
4 Death Crystal Mountain  
3 Iron Maiden The Trooper  
2 Metallica Master Of Puppets  
1 Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide