Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Don’t  
@Myoozik  
I just feel like they are going after Freddie too much not to suspect something.

Bohemian Rhapsody, which Brian and Roger approved of, paints Freddie as the bad guy for making a solo album, despite the fact that in reality, Brian and Roger had both released solo albums before Freddie made Mr. Bad Guy. This seemed like a strange point for them to approve. The movie also painted Freddie Mercury as being wholly responsible for the Hot Space album and the controversial change in style, even though, well, Brian, John, and Roger had all written songs for the album as well. And when you look behind the scenes, the other members apparently spent years trying to make a Queen movie where Freddie dies halfway through and the story is about them bravely continuing on as the heroes.

But what really tipped me off is this recent article I saw where it was mentioned that apparently, Brian praised the new singer Adam Lambert and said that “Adam can do all the stuff that Freddie did–and more,” which is… basically implying that he thinks Adam is better than Freddie.

I will admit, Freddie was more of a loose cannon when it came to his consistency, having some legendary moments but also having some not-so-great moments. And while Adam is more constantly good, he is nowhere near as good as Freddie was at his peaks. But moreover, it is not the duty of Brian, as the guitarist and de facto band leader, to say, “No this new guy is totally better than our deceased friend.”

The members of Maiden don’t disparage Paul or Blaze, even though Paul’s career basically died the moment he left the band. The Crüe don’t crap on Corabi. AC/DC still honor Bon and are on mostly good terms with their former drummers (although I suspect they’ve likely disavowed Rudd after his attempted hit).
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
I feel a lot of them resent Freddie for the direction he took the band

Although don’t Iron Maiden members attack Paul for being too much of a “Punk guy”?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I feel a lot of them resent Freddie for the direction he took the band

You mean on Hot Space? Because they were just as complicit in it. Freddie only wrote 5 of the 11 tracks on the album, and two of them he co-wrote with other members.
Background Pony #50CB
@TheHappySpaceman  
Brian was talking about vocal range iirc, that means that Adam Lambert can sing in more octaves than Freddie did, which may be right but it doesn’t makes Lambert better. I’d say it the other way, Freddie was a baritone and he could sing in a higher vocal range for that kind of voice without having any formal vocal training and with some vocal cordal nodules problems.

About Hot Space, maybe Freddie who was a real trainwreck at that time was more guilty than the rest with the complicity of Paul Prenter who influenced him to adopt that more dance music sound for the album while obviously Roger and Brian being the rockers of the band didn’t like at all. Back Chat which imo is one of the best tracks of the album didn’t have any guitar originally until Brian somehow got into the studio to record those guitar parts.  
That’s why it created a very tense ambient and Brian at that time iirc decided to be in the Starfleet project with Van Halen while Roger was in The Cross band for a little time.  
If Hot Space was a mistake or not, I don’t think it’s that extreme, they did needed a bit of change in their sound, but surely it’s their weakest album, more than The Miracle.

As a huge Queen fan my fav era was in the 70’s with their early albums, specially Queen II.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #50CB  
Hot Space may have been their weakest album, but it still does have a lot of bangers on it IMO. Most of the problem I find was in the production rather than the songs themselves; the live versions are noticeably improved in that regard. Also AFAIK, John was just as complicit in the change in sound as Freddie; his background was always a lot more in R&B and funk than Brian and Roger, who were grounded pretty squarely in rock. In fact, John actually played guitar on three tracks: “Staying Power,” “Cool Cat,” and “Back Chat,” of which he wrote the latter two. (Brian played the solo, and it’s probably one of my favorites of his, but all the rest of the guitars were John’s.)

Their first 4-5 albums were rather great, yeah.
Background Pony #50CB
@TheHappySpaceman  
I agree, the versions from the Live at the Bowl are way better than the studio ones. Those versions shows how a big mistake was not having more Brian guitar on them.  
Put Out The Fire which is the most rocker song of that album is very underrated and yet has one of the best Brian solos ever.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I wonder how Arrested Development’s music would fair in our current politically charged climate. On one hand, they could be seen as powerful symbols since a bunch of their output is about positivity and the deep nuances of black culture to celebrate it and raise more awareness of it, but on the other hand they could be cancelled considering a lot of their lyrics are pretty morally questionable and tend to give blacks and what they’re fighting for a bad name because of Speech’s soapboxy and arrogant ways.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The anthem of 2020 came out almost two decades before.

Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing by The Offspring.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
I originally thought that Fantano’s imitation of Lil Dicky’s earth in his review of it was shitposting at first but no, those were the actual lyrics to the song

“We love the Earth, it is our planet  
We love the Earth, it is our home  
We love the Earth, it is our planet  
We love the Earth, it is our home”

What the fuck
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide