My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
I’ve listened to a selection of the music that millennials listen to nowadays (Bruno Mars, Ashley Craig, Beyonce, Ariana Grande, 5 Seconds of Summer, Imagine Dragons, a few others) and I can say confidently that it all sounds like absolute dogshit. God damn is that music some nasally, arrogant, self-aggrandizing garbage. I’ll stick to music written pre-2000, thank you.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Since we’re halfway through the year, might as well look back and update the comebacks of 2019, but I’ll do that tomorrow.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Halfway through the year, and the comebacks of 2019 are The Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry, Nipsey Hussle, Billy Ray Cyrus, Snow, Avicii, Lady Gaga, Ellie Goulding, Chase Rice, Lee Brice, Aventura, ILoveMakonnen, Zara Larsson, Fall Out Boy, Brantley Gilbert, Rodney Atkins, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, John Mayer, George Strait, Tainy, DJ Mustard, Big Boi of Outkast and Brian May of Queen.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Which music genre would you guys say has the most elitist genre community?

I used to think black metal did, but maaannn, after hanging around in some music communities online I encountered some people who were primarily fans of genres outside black metal who were more elitist than most black metal fans.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Lord Hypno  
Classical music, particularly those at music schools.

Not only will they act as though other genres of music are inferior, they will try to act as though they aren’t real music. When I applied for the music composition program at JMU, I submitted a 16-minute rock symphony for my audition, with multiple chord signatures, time signatures, and tempo changes, but they didn’t accept it because it was still considered rock.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Lord Hypno  
I know I’ve said this a lot so please forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but I don’t have that much high regards towards metalheads because I used to encounter a lot of shitty and elitist types back when I used to be an avid YouTube lurker on music channels. I know that there are metalheads who are good people and not like that, i.e., some of the people on this site and even my best friend so I’m not going to generalize all of them as such. Either way, the really bad ones and the ones who go “Metal is the best genre ever! Fuck this pop, rap, country, radio friendly garbage and those who listen to it” have left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@ILoveMyoozik  
Most of the guys who go “fuck pop and rap” all the time usually tend to be teenagers.

The further you go down the metal elitism rabbit hole the worse it gets though. There’s people that think metal should never have synths or keyboards, people that think only metal from the 80’s is good, people that think any band that can potentially appeal to people new to metal is automatically bad, ect.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@ILoveMyoozik  
I myself was pretty obnoxious when I was a teenager first getting into metal. I used to be one of the kids who went around saying “fuck emo!!!” and “fuck pop!!!”, nowadays I prefer to be more focused on what I like rather than just hating on “mainstream” genres.

I did hate on trap rap for a while, since trap music was almost impossible to escape in 2018, but I’ve cooled down on that because I eventually realized no one wants to hear it.

I prefer to just let people like what they want to as long as they’re not being dicks about it.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Lord Hypno  
Nobody needs to hear it, doesn’t matter what genre you’re criticizing. It just makes you sound like an asshole and it brings down those who do like those genres.

I wish more music enthusiasts, like metalheads were like you and just let people like what they like.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I don’t care what other people like/dislike, I only get mad when people try to tell me what to like/dislike, or try to tell me things I like are shite.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
I really have to admire Marshmello for managing to reach out to as many genres as possible with his collaborators. Pop (Anne-Marie, Selena Gomez), Hip Hop/Rap (Logic, Juicy J, Roddy Rich, Lil Peep, Tyga), R&B/Soul (Khalid, James Arthur, Chris Brown), Indie (Bastille, CHVRCHES), Rock (A Day To Remember) to even Country (Kane Brown). Good on him for doing all that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide