How did you become a brony?

ClrwtrMK2

This is a topic discussing how you got exposed to Friendship Is Magic & the brony community. When Friendship Is Magic first aired back in 2010, I was not aware of such a community said show created because I was still in the mindset of ponies being only for little girls. As a result, I called somebody a fag for liking ponies. It wasn’t until a year later that I got invested in Friendship Is Magic along with the brony fandom.
GlitchedWolf
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
There’s this cartoon site I really like because it lets you watch a ton of stuff for free and one of the things on there are mlp. I watched the first episode as a joke and then actually liked it, you can probably imagine what happened next.
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Luna Best Pony~
I was playing a multiplayer game in like 2011 and someone put a pony spray on the wall. I asked them what it was, they said “Rainbow Dash”. So for a good week I thought the show’s name was “Rainbow Dash” until tags on an imageboard I frequented told me otherwise. I was mostly in it for the fanmade art and stuff, and only ended up starting watching the show in 2013, mid-S03.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
I remember first finding out about MLP when browsing the TY Beanie Babies website and randomly coming across the plushies for the Mane Six. That was in April 2014. I liked their linked show, but didn’t watch it for the first time until November.

My very first MLP episode ever was Castle Mane-ia (probably why that’s still one of my all-time favorites😁). I checked out more of their archives and in early 2015, watched Twilight’s Kingdom and their remarkable Rainbow Power transformation (still, in my opinion, the best season finale ever - though Shadow Play and To Where and Back Again are pretty close seconds 😊). That episode was how I fell in love with this awesome show.

Became a committed MLP fan, from March 2015 until the show’s end in October 2019…and shall remain one. 🤗🥰🌺
Senpai Sven Pie
Artist -

Was disappointed about the direction Pokémon went with, especially, Generation 8. And when I was looking around for an alternative, I found MLP! That was near the end of 2019. And in the end I’m glad how it went, because MLP was the best thing I’ve ever discovered! :) It offers all the things that I was always looking for, so supporting it feels great. I can’t imagine quitting being a fan at any point in the future. <3
Mismanage Assistant

i became a brony since 2012 the prime year of MLP community on internet. but this is not how i found it out, i used to play Team Fortress 2 alot and as almost every server was legit had atleast one brony, i dint pay attention to it but i got exposed to these micro doses of bronies so much that my cariousity peaked and i did some research on it. well i was into it because it gave me sense of community, a sense where i belonged somewhere… and eventually found ponies hot
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
As early as 2011, I started seeing pony memes and drawings on the Internet and was confused as to why but I didn’t think much else to it. Fast forward to 2012 and I was channel surfing and I happened to see MLP FIM on and since I was bored and nothing else was on, I just put it on to pass the time. The episode was Hearts And Hooves Day and I found myself hooked to it but I didn’t finish the episode and then forgot about it. Fast forward another year to my sophomore year of high school and I saw one of my classmates with a pony avatar on his account page of the school website. I asked him about it and he told me about the whole brony thing and how great the show is and it interested me. I put on the first episode on Netflix and the rest is history. Barring one brief moment in 2016 where I left temporarily, I’ve been a loyal fan and will continue to be until my death.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

I believe during sometime around April 23-29 of the year 2015, that is the time my whole life became magical and would change the course of the way I currently am today…. That is, *that I finally got hooked and succumbed to an incredible animated show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

And it all started by watching this video , then I proceeded on the rest of ToucanLDM’s videos and made me fascinated with that yellow pegasus named Fluttershy so, I went afterwards searching some of her related videos and I ended up watching her playing video games VA’d by Vannamelon.  
That’s pretty much it, that’s what I know so far how I ended up getting stuck into this show and it’s devoted fanbase.

(I would’ve probably remained a Marvel fan and much more focused on it today if I hadn’t clicked that MLP crossover video and be curious about it)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
@Sun Shine
For the guy wearing the T-shirt, I can’t say since I only saw him and never got the chance to talk to him since I was extremely shy and I didn’t know how to approach people and talk to them at the time so I was sort of a loner during high school. For the guy with the pony avatar, helps that he’s really quiet and doesn’t show off his brony side other than doodling on his sketchbook.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide