How About An OC Wiki?

someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

So with so many OC’s out there I was thinking we should get together and make a wiki for all the OC’s. The info would include their names, cutie marks/talents, residence, type (unicorn, pegasus, earth, alicorn, other), their tumblr (if applicable), the artist, a general background, and anything else that should be added.

Basically it would be like the MLP wikia except with OC’s. As of now “OC” turns up 21007 results, so there are quite a few of them, of course many of those results are for the same OC but nevertheless there are quite a few OC’s out there.

What do you think? Discuss.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
I’ll admit it’s an interesting idea, but do you think that there would be enough demand for such a thing? From personal experience, wikis require a reasonable amount of effort to keep them up-to-date, thus you would need either a reasonable demand for a wiki, or someone(people) passionate enough to maintain it.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
My only question is: “Why would we have this/who would even look at it?”

Then again, I guess it’d be useful in the same way the wiki I run for my RP: in that it’s something of a public place to stash notes so you can return to it, and others can return to for reference purposes.
Palinor

Then again, I guess it’d be useful in the same way the wiki I run for my RP

Bingo, plus you have my interest about this RP. I’m always interested in those.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Palinor

You’d go into an RP with two years under its belt, has roughly ten years of active(ish) lore, and 70 years of passive, background lore? And not only that I hold everyone to post to some manner of quality and posts are regularly about a sixth of the average chapter?

Not to mention being a nation-based RP it has some convoluted, backwards politics with the role of the US taken up by Spain… Though I also offer the option to role-play as a single person, but these character have rarely lasted long.
Palinor

@AaronMk  
I’d be interested in hearing/reading the details is what I meant. From there I’d see about my interest in the game, either by the style of play or the specific game itself.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Palinor

Well if you want to look at what we have put down into wiki format here it is, in its incomplete, possibly not-updated glory.

Posting style, it all varies. Though, we’re all standardized when it comes to clean novelized posts and what story conventions we can get our hands on. Beyond this though, it can vary in its content with more people being comfortable with military stuff (at its most dramatic going the route of what we call “tech wanking”, or try-hards). And then the rest who focus more on societal things and governance.

Our latest stream of nonsense.
Palinor

@AaronMk  
Looks alright, though I can tell this isn’t really a game for me to play. It would be fun to get summaries of the events and see how things all evolve in the longrun.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Palinor

Kind of difficult to do since a summary could still take up a small book.

My favorite way to dispense summaries is on a regional and by-question basis.
Palinor

@AaronMk  
I understand what you are saying, that was more of ‘if I were actively following’ than ‘you should write a summary of everything that happened?’
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide