Viewing last 25 versions of post by MethidMan in topic Happy venting thread

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

[@Goku Black](/forums/dis/topics/happy-venting-thread?post_id=5285226#post_5285226)

In my case, it's not because of a shortage of workers but rather because they want to motivate their workers to stay with the company as long as possible.

My previous job had a critical shortage of janitors to the point where right on the first day I was immediately asked to not only work as the only janitor in two buildings (okay, 2 building wings of the same school) during the shift I signed up for, but to also work in *another* school in the same system during *another* shift...and the pay was still $16/hour... ("Oh, but you're getting overtime pay" was the only solace they could give me).

So fuckin' glad I left that job. Now I work in a very low-stress job that involves watering and taking care of plants~ Even before the raise, I was already motivated to stay in this job for as long as possible; it's done wonders for my mental health probably because taking care of plants involves some level of zen and/or maybe the extra sunlight exposure was what I needed (I work in a mall so it's not direct sunlight...yes, there's lot of plants in the mall I work at).
No reason given
Edited by MethidMan